Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dynafit TLT 6 Wow again!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:40 am 

the debate rages on

Unfortunately with bigger feet in softies you will still have to deal with a couple touring problems.

1. you still have toe overhang out of the binding which results in lack of heel lift to 90 degrees before "booting out", If your feet are big enough you wont even get 45 degrees without huge bindings and a wide board.

2. snow build up in front of the toe which is a royal PITA.

3. also, stiff boots suck for touring.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:56 am 

HikeforTurns wrote:
the debate rages on

Unfortunately with bigger feet in softies you will still have to deal with a couple touring problems.

1. you still have toe overhang out of the binding which results in lack of heel lift to 90 degrees before "booting out", If your feet are big enough you wont even get 45 degrees without huge bindings and a wide board.

2. snow build up in front of the toe which is a royal PITA.

3. also, stiff boots suck for touring.

I have size 10.5 feet and I have no problems. Anything bigger and yes, you are genetically cursed for snowboarding.

Stiff boots suck for touring??? :scratch: lol that's a new one to me.

Barrows, I've had 0 strap binding malfunctions in 10 years of splitboarding. And I don't heat mold my liners ever. Wearing them out of the box has always worked great for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:07 pm 

wow this thread is awesome, blows my mind!! seriously!
starting with the op novel from a skier who thinks we should be in ski running boots....

Method i know you're auzzie but you shouldnt need a post grad to wear hard boots, let me translate for you
Quote:
I have less room in my TLT6 than I do in my TLT5s using the same minimalistic Palau/Dynafit TF foam liner or the TF-X and my cork Superfeet

=if your feet fit the 5's (narrow) you wont find the 6's fit better

Quote:
Previous TF-X liner on the right. Lower positioned sock "stop", fewer laces but covering more on the inner boot. Almost a full inch taller and a much beefier tongue. And still the new CR liner is 38g lighter

=he likes the dynafit liners, thats a fact.

Quote:
49g savings at most or 1.72842oz in my size 29s or a 11.5US with a Intuition. Or using the lwt Dynafit liners as much as 123g saved on the Intuition or 4.3387oz

=his scale is much larger than Barrow's scale and his digits are more significant too

other than that i didn't realize that 'stiffer than hardboots' is a selling feature for soft boots now??
you want to sell those fitwells you should market em on the rands: 'trippin like ballz!!'
shit if i knew any soft booters id sell em a pair... you'd never see the rands on a pow day tho...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:53 pm 

Oh no. Not hard vs soft again!
Altough I second
Quote:
and even I'll try a soft boot set up again... oh wait, the touring would still suck, oh well...

SnowInn has the TLT6s in stock in Europe. 470E, which is pretty steep, considering that I got my TLT5s for £330, which is ~390E and it was mid-season - January.
On the other hand it's 6's first season...

I moved to Berlin couple of weeks ago, so I hope to at least try them for a carpet walk in the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:06 am 

karkis wrote:
Method i know you're auzzie but you shouldnt need a post grad to wear hard boots, let me translate for you

firstlight wrote:
Method
I've been in hardboots for 3 years and have gone back to softs this year. Rode my 32 boot until I grabbed a pair of fitwells!
OMG

Thanks for the feedback/info guys :thumbsup: (and everyone else - including the 2-planker! :lol: ). I'm definitely considering the move, but it's a while off so it's good to get as much info from as many sources while you're thinking about it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:26 am 

Could this topic solely used for discussions about TLT6, please?

There is a separate thread for the Fitwells,
and anyone who wants to bitch around about hard vs. soft boot -- please open a dedicated topic.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:47 am 

FRUITBOOTERS RIDE LIKE YOU HAVE A STICK UP YOUR ASS!!!
TAKE UP SKIING KOOKS!!!

ok, thread is yours again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:37 pm 

JimmyC wrote:
Jason4, here is a quick data point for your consideration. My boot fitter was able to successfully (and extensively) punch/stretch my TLT5s without issue. I had nueroma surgery several years ago---the injury resulted from tight fitting shoes, specifically my snowboard boots. As a result, I have to be careful about boot width. I initially decided to avoid the Dynafit TLT5s because of potential fit issues----and went with Black Diamond AT boots (which have pleeeeeenty of room in the toe box). However, I was totally unsatisfied with the ride mode of the BDs after mods. I decided to risk it and went with the TLT5s last year. The boot fitter did a fantastic job and I couldn't be happier with the fit and ride quality of the TLT5s.

Just an fyi. I just bought a second pair of TLT5s from Sierratradingpost.com as a "stockpile for the future" item--so I am pretty confident that the boots can be stretched enough to meet my needs.

That encouraging to hear! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Where are you and who is your bootfitter? Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be north of Seattle. I should be picking up a used pair of TLT5s this evening.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:06 pm 

Hola Jason4. I split my time between Tahoe and Berkeley. I had the boot fitted at California Ski Company in Berkeley, CA---there are several excellent boot fitters there. Sorry about the long commute. Maybe someone can chip in with a recommendation for a good bootfitter in your area.

--Jim

That encouraging to hear! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Where are you and who is your bootfitter? Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be north of Seattle. I should be picking up a used pair of TLT5s this evening.[/quote]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:41 pm 

I prefer French fries over tater tots

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:45 pm 

Ha. I have to admit that Cristoph provided a solid recommendation. I wonder if he likes curry with his tater tots.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:49 pm 

A friend served me sweet potato tots last weekend with my eggs for breakfast, they were delicious...

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:07 pm 

French fries are a much more efficient way to eat potatoes.

Tots are too fat and the potato to fried ratio is way off.