Your post about the Trinity's getting pounded has me amped to hit Carter Meadows Summit. Probably a long drive for many but basically its road access to a summit ridge so you can either do road runs or skin the ridge into some really sweet lines that bottom out in a basin which is where the road is. Most of the road runs are avy safe while some of the bigger lines are sketchier. The road goes from Callahan to Cecilville.
I think most of Tahoe lifts will be shut down on Saturday due to wind, and I think Tahoe will get skunked by this storm - maybe 6-8" (that's 9-12" in Tim-Cohee-is-the-Devil-speak). That's why the *assen idea is appealing for me.
But... if you guys wanna come up, you are welcome to stay at my house. I have couches/floor tonight and a bed available starting tomorrow when my kids go to my babies' momma's house.
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:58 pm Posts: 151 Location: Incline Village, NV
If you guys decide to come out to tahoe and don't mind more people joining up let me know, I'd like to meet some more splitters.
The storm was just upgraded from a watch to a warning. Weather.com is saying 6" at lake level and a foot or more above 7k feet. Sunday defintely looks like the day to be out and about.
I live just a few hundred feet above lake level and only got about 1 -2 inches last night, it's still snowing lightly this morning. It looks like the west shore and south of the lake may get the most snow.