Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013/14 Phantom Bindings PreOrder
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:17 am 

Converting this year!!! Just found TLT5's on Sierra Trading Post. They only have a few small sizes. With and extra coupon I got a new pair of 28.5's for $350.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:59 am 

MountainDog, awesome! I did notice that inventory is dropping very fast for the TLT5's on the internet. One thing I want to say though is I am a 9-9.5 shoe normally so I figured I was a 27.5 size, but I found a 27.0 in the shop, and tried it on, and it was a perfect fit after molding. I heard you should size up because they run small and can get cold, but these felt great right at 27.5, which is a 9.0 or so. We'll see this winter how they do for coldness.

Jefe009 wrote:
Cya for SF in April again...
Yeah Jefe, starting to think about splitfest again! We'll have a final date for the event here shortly that we will make public. It will be in April though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:12 am 

summersgone wrote:
MountainDog, awesome! I did notice that inventory is dropping very fast for the TLT5's on the internet. One thing I want to say though is I am a 9-9.5 shoe normally so I figured I was a 27.5 size, but I found a 27.0 in the shop, and tried it on, and it was a perfect fit after molding. I heard you should size up because they run small and can get cold, but these felt great right at 27.5, which is a 9.0 or so. We'll see this winter how they do for coldness.

Yeah, I'm a 9.5-10 street shoe. My Malamutes are 10s. I tried HFT's 28's on and it seemed like they were a good fit. You will not find 28's anywhere on the internet. But, the shells for 28 and 28.5 are the same size, so I'm hoping with a foot bed or intuition liner I can make them work fine. They're showing up on the brown truck tonight so I'll figure it out soon.

Conversion chart

I did some searching and it seems like the only difference between half sizes is the 28.5 has a thinner footbed than the 28.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:02 pm 

MountainDog wrote:
summersgone wrote:

Yeah, I'm a 9.5-10 street shoe. My Malamutes are 10s. I tried HFT's 28's on and it seemed like they were a good fit. You will not find 28's anywhere on the internet. But, the shells for 28 and 28.5 are the same size, so I'm hoping with a foot bed or intuition liner I can make them work fine. They're showing up on the brown truck tonight so I'll figure it out soon.

Conversion chart

I did some searching and it seems like the only difference between half sizes is the 28.5 has a thinner footbed than the 28.

Z: You are probably in good shape. I generally wear a 10.5 to 11 sneaker/skate shoe. I am usually in size 10 for a Salomon Malamute or Driver X, maybe a 10.5 sometimes (they vary a little with season). The smallest TLT shell I can use is the 28, as you note, the 28.5 is the same size. If the shell ends up being ever so slightly big for you, the solution will be to add an Intuition liner, as the Intuition liner will be thicker, and warmer, and will mold better, than the OE Dynafit liner. Yeah, more expense, I know it sucks… but the Intuition liners are much better than Dynafits.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:52 am 

Concerning the to big TLT 5....

One could try the Eliminator Tongue if the TLT5 boot is slightly to big. As was the case with my Scarpa F1s. The added benefit is you get a progressive lean without modifying the boot. Try to carpet test the Eliminator at a local boot fitter (one who can heat mold your boots.

see http://www.masterfitenterprises.com/eliminator.html

BTW: The Phantom Alpha's look great. :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:42 pm 

Finally...and sorry for the wait...Here's an Order Info Sheet to help explain the various options, color choices and prices.

For those of you on the order list already, I'll be sending out an order sheet for you to fill out your selections.

Thank you for your patients. The build is coming along very well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:34 pm 

All order forms should be send out. If you didn't get an email from me and wanted to be on the order list, please send me an email.

This is the last week to sign up for this season's build so if you've been on the fence, it's time to make a decision.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Can't wait to show off the final version. Bindings should be shipping out first part of October.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:53 pm 

i know the orders are handled offline from this forum but just wanted to say..

stoked on the color options and the updates for the year, looking forward to a better ride feel.

cheers & deep heelside turns for all :disco:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:00 am 

They could be good for my Pogo split boards.
Please tell me something about angles,canting,hell lift,plate rigidity etc

Thank you.

M

Phantom Bindings wrote:
Finally...and sorry for the wait...Here's an Order Info Sheet to help explain the various options, color choices and prices.

For those of you on the order list already, I'll be sending out an order sheet for you to fill out your selections.

Thank you for your patients. The build is coming along very well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:16 am 

Hi Mimi,

Angles are adjustable +30 to -30 for each foot. Each of the bail blocks can be independently adjustable for cants up to 5 degrees and various lifts. The bindings come stock with 2.5 degree cants. System is designed to be rigid in the toe/heel direction but flex/give in the tip/tail (boot roll) direction.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-john

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:58 am 

I will also add, that the binding angle is infinitely adjustable between +/- 30 degrees, so if you want 24.3333 degrees, you can get it... Also note that stance width adjusts in very small increments, and is totally independent of stance angle. Phantom bindings allow one to have more precise control over the exact angle and stance width they want.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:38 am 

Thanks John and Barrows for your answers but unfortunately my position on the board will not allow me to use them.

I use long boards (from 193 to 230) and narrow (about 24) with angles 45/42 and 32/35 and pretty stiff boots , 30 degrees for me is too little.

I also like to have less tip / tail flex, flex up does not allow me to use long boards in the narrow.

I'm sorry because it look very beautiful.

Cheers

M
Phantom Bindings wrote:
Hi Mimi,

Angles are adjustable +30 to -30 for each foot. Each of the bail blocks can be independently adjustable for cants up to 5 degrees and various lifts. The bindings come stock with 2.5 degree cants. System is designed to be rigid in the toe/heel direction but flex/give in the tip/tail (boot roll) direction.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-john

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:57 pm 

Well, due to relocation to a different country I couldn't get onboard for the preorder. Are there any options left for me, apart from waiting for somebody to offer his first gen binding?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next