Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spark blaze not centered on board
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:55 am 

Ok, so I have a DIY lib split that was built by sicksplits. It has the old fixed stance voile pucks which. last season I rode a pair of custom built ride bindings with the voile plate welded into them. They worked great until they started getting worn out, and became really loose in tour and ride mode. So I got spark blazes with the lt system, thinking all would be good. The bindings are sick, but they line up on the pucks differently than the old rides, and are really biased to the heel side. The heel cup hangs way over the edge of the board. The simple solution of course would be to move the heelcup to it's most forward position, but my huge deeluxe boots bottom out in tour mode unless the heelcup is in one of the bigger positions. I need to find a way to adjust the pucks so that I can center the bindings on the board, and get equal boot overhang on the toe and heel side. As is, on heelside turns, the heel of the boot digs into the snow in a very noticeable way :banghead: . In really deep blower it probably wouldn't matter as much, but on firm snow its a problem. If I could get some of the burton/voile colab pucks that would solve it, but I haven't been able to find those anywhere besides the video of the magneto system. What can I do to center up the bindings? Would I be able to change anything with the new voile adjustable stance pucks? Maybe If I bought four parallel stance pucks, they could work like the burton colab pucks? I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I am looking for suggestions.

Post subject: Re: Spark blaze not centered on board
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:09 pm 

Swap your pucks around. Two slots = heel side. One slot = toe side.
http://www.sparkrandd.com/faqs/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:54 pm 

I had the exact same issue with the DIY kit and Spark Burners. The FAQ on the spark page addresses the Voile factory pucks... not the DIY pucks. Myself and one other person have the same issue with spark bindings and DIY Voile pucks and solved it by purchasing one piece pucks (labeled as "split to solid pucks") from Chair 2 sports in Washington state http://www.chair2boardsports.com/produc ... ding-pucks

You will need to fit, drill and cut the pucks to fit them to your board. Took me a few hours with a drill press and a few other tools to dial them in, but now they work great.

I emailed Spark and Will wrote me back promptly putting me in contact with someone else who had the same issue and also solved it by purchasing the "split to solid" pucks from Chair 2 and modding them to fit his spark bindings. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures and post back later.

Cam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:01 am 

Thanks cameron, those solid pucks look sweet, Ill be ordering some soon!
So ready for winter :thatrocks:

--Rowan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:35 pm 

Thanks for the love guys! Glad these have solved your issues!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:58 am 

I just received the Neversummer SL split with the voile universal mounting kit, I already have a pair of spark burners. Previously I have had the sparks on a jones solution, now I can not get the pucks to align on the new board.
The alignment problem can be somewhat resolved by swopping the heel and toe sides but that then does not allow for my stance width!
It doesn't make any sense to have to buy new pucks, what's the point of the voile universal mountain kit if additional pucks are required?
I would rather bin the voiles and splash out on karakorums!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:55 pm 

Splitj- You should be able to just flip the a and b sides. The heel side puck is able to move closer to the inner edge of the board. albeit once you do so the puck will be right on the edge. This should fix your problem for you though.