Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums






It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:37 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: in between
good to know about Rose KS.

Sugarbowl got 2-4
Shasta got 2

NWS forecasts about a foot through Saturday on Shasta.

We'll see how it plays out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:37 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: in between
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:29 pm
Posts: 339
Location: Reno, NV
Lookin' sweet for *assen. Is Puff Natty going too?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:29 pm
Posts: 339
Location: Reno, NV
Trinity Alps looks to get hammered. PJ, maybe you should call your close personal friend Paul R.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:37 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: in between
Trinities always get pounded. It's difficult and long access and a long drive though. Puff Nattie is on board.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Trinity's
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:06 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Mt Shasta
Your post about the Trinity's getting pounded has me amped to hit Carter Meadows Summit. Probably a long drive for many but basically its road access to a summit ridge so you can either do road runs or skin the ridge into some really sweet lines that bottom out in a basin which is where the road is. Most of the road runs are avy safe while some of the bigger lines are sketchier. The road goes from Callahan to Cecilville.

Food for thought :P

Andy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:29 pm
Posts: 339
Location: Reno, NV
So what's yer plan, Chowdermonkie? I might be down for both days.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:37 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: in between
Shasta, I've seen that area. I've eyed that slide on the south side of that summit towards Trinity Lake. Do you know if that gets filled in? Never thought about car runs there.

A long time ago I rode China Mtn. which is somewhere near Callahan in the sticks.


KS - we're going somewhere, just depends on what gets hit. Lassen has appeal for us because we can avoid the tahoe crazies.

after two days
Shasta 5"
Sugar bowl 3-7" (does Sb fluff their totals?)

Forecast for Saturday looks good for both Lassen and Tahoe. Sunday looks like a really good day. Now I don't know. You got floor space KS? :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:29 pm
Posts: 339
Location: Reno, NV
I think most of Tahoe lifts will be shut down on Saturday due to wind, and I think Tahoe will get skunked by this storm - maybe 6-8" (that's 9-12" in Tim-Cohee-is-the-Devil-speak). That's why the *assen idea is appealing for me.

But... if you guys wanna come up, you are welcome to stay at my house. I have couches/floor tonight and a bed available starting tomorrow when my kids go to my babies' momma's house.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:58 pm
Posts: 152
Location: Incline Village, NV
If you guys decide to come out to tahoe and don't mind more people joining up let me know, I'd like to meet some more splitters.

The storm was just upgraded from a watch to a warning. Weather.com is saying 6" at lake level and a foot or more above 7k feet. Sunday defintely looks like the day to be out and about.

I live just a few hundred feet above lake level and only got about 1 -2 inches last night, it's still snowing lightly this morning. It looks like the west shore and south of the lake may get the most snow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:37 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: in between
Let's do Lassen then.

dfinn, shasta, shastariffic or anyone else?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:58 pm
Posts: 152
Location: Incline Village, NV
I would be up for that but my power steering pump died in my car yesterday, which means I also don't have brakes. I won't be going too far. Good thing I don't have to to get to fun terrain :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:37 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: in between
With the high winds in the forecast for Saturday a protected area would be the call.

decisions decisions.

dfinn, we'll let ya know if we go to n. shore. Will you be on the computer tonight?

KS- I'll check with the Puff and get back to ya.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  








Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group