Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look we have a fan club!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:51 am 

This guy is totally the grassy knoll type... I intended to share my correspondence but after he spam bombed me I deleted it by accident. Please check out my Glide Inc Custom Splitboards FB page and share my new profile pic. You will like it.

I basically emailed him to confirm it was him and try to understand his motives. I told him I felt like I had to spread the word. He started rambling about lawyers and getting me fired. I suppose he was talking about getting me fired from Glide Inc., which I own and is nothing more than a side biz. He than made a comparison splitboarders - N. Korea (Homey's not playing with a full deck). I replied that the comparison was off base and would be better if it were applied to him.... The spam bomb began about 20 minutes later.

Funny but a friend suggested I spam bomb him a few days ago, but that's just not how I roll..... Or not how I used to roll.

Hold on to your dick David, I'm gonna go kung foo on your ass.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:28 am 

I love how I was apparently "outed".....I have never hid my identity. I (and I know that there are others) use a handle on here and on TGR as more of a discription of how I ski (used to split) than a means to hide. I have personally posted my info on this website in the past to prove a point in various flame wars of old. If you have done business with me in the gear swap, you have more than likely spoke to me in person and been invited to stay at my home if you ever come to the San Juans.
I called that guy and asked him to remove HFT's photo of his awesome son. There was no threat. He didn't answer his phone so I left him a message. His reply was to call the police, which backfired on him. An hour after I was contacted by the DGO pOlice David Gottorff began texting me, attempting to bait me into threatening him. This was a fail as all I did was call the same policeman who I'd spoken too earlier and inform him of the situation. I asked the cop, "If David Gottorff is so threatened by me then why has he called my phone a couple of times and why is he texting me now?"...The cop wasn't pleased and told me "This will NOT happen again and you won't be dealing with him any more". I laughed. That's when my FB profile was attached to his hate page. I saw it on there and liked it because afterall, I have nothing in my life that needs to be hidden. The personal info is inaccurate at best. I have been divorced from Bobbie for nearly two years, I don't even live in the city limits (Let alone W. 3rd) and Casey doesn't swim on the DGO swim club any more because his mom started coaching him so that he can swim unattached in different states (He recently took second in the NM Junior Olympics). He did get my number correct because it's the number I called him from, the rest of the info came from Durango Herald articles about my kid who swims like a mufuckin' fish.

In short, David Gottorff is a USDA approved shit heel and the fact that we will inevitably cross paths is ecxiting to me.

The real comedy here is that I'm a splitter who converted to skiing as a change of pace. I don't even own a snowbord any longer. All of my friends split and I trust them to dig my big ass out if the shit ever hits the fan.

Peace everyone, except you David Gottorff, you get to French kiss my asshole.

~Clayton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 am 

Haha, that's funny. During our Email's I told him I had nothing to hide, all of my info was public and that I, unlike him stand behind what I have to say. Apparently he outed me yesterday but it was removed before I saw it. I love how my skier friends are showing support. Please share my glide inc. FB profile picture.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:05 am 

This guy David Gottorff has created an avy curriculum out of thin air and selling it as an accredited offering. However, neither David nor his curriculum are part of AAA, AIARE or any other national standard. His courses are accredited by, you guessed it, education-outdoors.com

If you plan to take an avalanche course from education-adventures.com beware: education-adventures.com is offering non-standard, incomplete course content that will drain your pocketbook and leave you without critical decision making tools in the backcountry.

Stay far away from education-adventures.com and their course offerings. They are a scam. If you are looking to take professional avalanche courses, please visit http://www.avtraining.org and http://www.americanavalancheassociation.org. The course content from AIARE and AAA - accredited instructors are industry-standard offerings, professionally vetted and provide you with real tools for decision making, companion rescue and avalanche safety which can save your life in the backcountry.

Education-Adventures.com courses are a SCAM. Go with true professionals instead for your avalanche safety courses.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:06 am 

:bananas:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am 

This is his only friend and supporter on his FB page. Ravi Parashar. Why do I have the feeling that this person has no opinion of Splitboarding. I believe rather that this is David Gottoroff creating a fraudulent Facebook account to appear that he has support. Ravi looks like an enlightened individual who holds no ill will to snowboarders/splitboarders. Lets hope that David Gottoroff loses his job by doing something so despicable as impersonating a faculty member on Facebook

"This is what motivates Ravi Parashar, economics teacher at UWC-USA since 1992. Beloved by students for 20 years, Ravi is known for serenading anyone in his path and calling everyone “sweetie"

http://www.uwc-usa.org/employees

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:58 am 

'this book caused my cat to die..'

holy fuck, that is some funny shit.

Post subject: Re: Hey look we have a fan club! AKA David Gottorf is a douche.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 am 

Per HFT's request, I have added David Gottorf to the thread title. Looks like you guys are doing good work. Carry on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:30 am 

Very nice! This thread is 4th on Google results and clearly titled. David Gottoroff is a douche. :thumpsup:

- David Gottorff is a child predator????

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:58 am 

Killclimbz wrote:
Per HFT's request, I have added David Gottorf to the thread title. Looks like you guys are doing good work. Carry on.

Spelling...David Gottorff. We don't want any confusion.

Post subject: Re: Hey look we have a fan club! AKA David Gottorff is a douche.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:15 pm 

Bones your 2nd post above just made my day! :clap:

Durango Colorado David Gottorff, dave gottorff, is a child predator? education-adventures.com is a joke.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:49 pm 

Some Lord of the Flies thing going on here that makes me uncomfortable. Savages.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:14 pm 

i hope i see this joker on the hill. i wll pace him complaining about how skinny the track he makes is. that would be fun.

yep- definetly a grade a colorado douche...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next