Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Phantom Binding Review
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:59 pm 

Many more daze on my Phantoms now. I am still totally impressed, everything is working great, and the little bit of interface plate shift I experienced on my Venture is not happening at all on my Furberg or Chimera, once I got the interface plate screws really tight.
Super kudos to Keffler for putting in huge time and effort on this project all for the love of the sport and to improve the experience for us all.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:45 am 

I also now have numerous days on my Phantoms. My opinions are basically the same as the ones I expressed in my previous post. The combination of Phantom bindings and modified TLT5s has been a game changer for me. The combo is comfortable, extremely responsive, and reliable. To be perfectly honest, the system has become invisible to me (i.e. I no longer worry about ride mode compromises I have made by switching to hard boots--I had a rough time riding with my Voile Mountain Plates and Black Diamond Primes). I was certainly happy with my soft boot set-up, and I am impressed with the evolution that we are seeing with soft boot set-ups, but I am definitely quite happy with this hard boot combo. The touring mode benefits, when combined with a high quality ride mode, has made me a happy convert.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:11 am 

Over 60 days on these babies. Cant say enough good things about them. No issues at all and I trust... well, my life to them! Proper setup is key though. Well done Keffler!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:32 am 

Stoked you guys are riding these bindings. Yea, these first year bindings were built on the side of being a little too tight and some filling can make them fit together a little easier.

I tried to take all the feedback from you guys and put that into the 13/14 Phantoms. Can't wait to publicly release all the details, soon!