I decided to use universal pucks on my DIY. Everything was looking good except that the toe and heel edge pucks on my rear foot a re a little too close together. Even when I have the puck with the parallel slots all the way out I still don't get a snug fit with the pin. The result is a little sliding play with my binding. I think that if I got a shim in between my pin and the front of the puck it would solve the problem. Has anyone ever dealt with this before? Any suggestions? I'm using spark bindings if it matters.
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:48 pm Posts: 503 Location: Kodiak, AK
Use a Dremel and carefully mill the slots and the shelf the screw heads rest on in the puck a little longer.
Or add some material to the rear ends of the pucks that the stopper teeth at the back of the Spark base plates rest against. Or add a shim of material across the front of the puck as you suggest to eat up the space between the pin and the puck. Lots of ways to skin this cat. Basically alter where the puck sits, or make the puck longer.
_________________ Jones Solution 163W Venture Zephyr 164/260 Never Summer SL 163X Burton Spliff 148 BD, G3, and Gecko skins Sparks, etc...
There is enough slop to feel the binding wiggle from toe to heel edge. The front foot is fine. I think because I have to stagger the inserts to get the angle degree on the front foot which spaces them out a little more. I'll probably try to find something that will be a suitable shim....just not sure what to use yet. Maybe like 1/8 of an inch....I need to take a closer look.