Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: The Donner Split Party presented by sb.com 2/22-24/13
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:45 am 

Great Event Chris! Thanks for putting it on.... I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to bring this together. You did a great job! Thanks to all the vendors who gave out gear and demos and thanks for all the good people who showed up. Without peps these things are not as fun. great to meet new folks. Thanks To Jeremy,Ryland and Jim Z. for coming out to tour with us slow pokes.
Special thanks to JimW for lugging my ass around in the big van all weekend. I have some pics for later posting. Are we making a sepearte thread for pics?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:04 pm 

I want to echo Tex's thanks. Great time, great party. Great peeps. The loot was awesome and if anyone ever wonders if they should come to one of these things again, just consider this: their were 50ish people at the raffle, and there were four or five boards given away, several backpacks, skins, go-pro etc.....The company was great, the snow was good, and it was really fun for me, mostly an Eastsider, to just come and follow people around the Tahoe backcountry. Great terrain, and great access.

Nicely done BCR, and it was great to see you and so many folks there that I hadn't seen since last year: PJ/PuffNat, Wavy, Tex, Swanny, Josh H, JimW, Scruffy, Schwalbster (wait til you see this guy's method off of the cornice on Judah), Ecobrad, etc, DJGee, NoKnees,(sorry if I forgot anyone), I didn't get to ride with everyone I would've liked to have ridden with, but next time....

Can't wait to see the pics Tex!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:03 pm 

Nat and I were glad we made it. tons of fun. good to see everybody and meet some other forum splitters.

someone please start a trip report thread.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:51 pm 

Thank you very much Chris and also Skyler for doing an awesome event! Father-Son tag team! You guys :rock:
I had a great time riding and hanging out with some good friends, meeting new peps and I'm not gonna lie, going on a hike with some legends of the sport wasn't too shabby either!
Also thanks to the Clair Tappan Lodge for hosting us! I had a blast! Stoked to see everybody pictures!

Hope to c-u next year or sooner!
:thatrocks:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 pm 

So glad I was in town for this... classic Sierra weekend with awesome people. Thank you Chris and Skylar for all the hard work and thank you sb.com and Voile for my shiny new Voile Artisan! :bananas:
Made my winter to see you all. Hope to be back for some corn this spring.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:55 pm 

Great event Chris. The trip on Sat. w/ the suprise guests was better than anyone expected. Always nice to meet new people who do what we do. Can't say enough...still smilin'. Thanks for all your hard work and props to Skylar, great kid. :thumpsup: :rock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:34 am 

I hope this isn't the NeverSummer Lotus from the raffle
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/spo/3657381067.html :nononno:

NeverSummer splitboard snowboard - $700 (oakland lake merritt / grand)

Brand new 2012-2013 Never Summer Lotus 154 splitboard. This is a factory womens splitboard (or smaller guy) handmade in Colorado that retails for around 950$. NeverSummer makes award winning, hard charging boards that are super durable and so tight it could easily double as a resort board. 154cm length, 23.9 cm waist. Comes with Voile factory hooks and all factory inserts, just needs bindings. The spring back country riding in the Sierras is just starting, get after it!.Asking $700 or best offer.
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:42 am 

^^^^ SUPER weaksauce! I sent the seller and email trying to confirm. He will be blackballed from future raffles if it turns out to be him. If he sees this and wants to do the right thing, contact me. I'd like to see that board go to one of the lady splitters at the event or someone that will use it. Not sell it. :thumbsdown:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:44 am 

HUGE thanks to everyone that came out!!! It meant a lot to be supported in this event. Thanks! :thatrocks:

Here's a crosspost from this thread. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15177 (take not of the bottom if you want event shirts!)

Just wanted to provide some follow up to the Donner Split Party presented by splitboard.com, give a big shout-out to all the attendees/sponsors, and share some pics from the event.

First off, thanks to everyone that came out to support this event! We had about 30 people stay at the lodge and 50 show up for the raffle. We raised $1,402 for our local Avy Center (SAC)!!! They are stoked/grateful and these donations help ensure their valuable services to the bc community continue. For my friends that couldn't make it (not mentioning any names!), hopefully we will see you next year!

Second, thanks to the Clair Tappaan Lodge for having us and to the following sponsors for their support!

Voile
Venture
Spark
Jones Snowboards
Arbor
Never Summer
G3
K2
Local Knits
Stance Socks
Osprey
Down The Middle splitboards
Best Buy

Also wanted to thank Andy from Sierra Avalanche Center for the Friday night discussion, Jeremy Jones and the Zellers for letting folks tag along on a group tour, as well as the the Jones and K2 reps that came out. :thatrocks:

One of the things I look to improve next year is to have a better demo area. This year is was a little difficult to let folks demo boards due to limited space.

Here's some pics:

Friday night avy talk

Lunch line in the morning

Skyler stoked to be splitting with a couple legends

Saturday crew

cbalke

Skyler on the skintrack, he did great for a park-rat

The Zellers, Jbay, Jeremy, and bcrider

Jim Zellers

Skyler and Donne Lake

Donner Peak

Skyler

Transition

Jeremy

Skinning

Jimw (photo Tex)

Donner Peak

Todd the keg dude

Getting the keg to the lodge

Teamwork

Splitter approved

Saturday night raffle

Kegstands

Jones winner

Arbor winner

Custom branded Spark Burners (you rule Will)

Lucky winner

Team father/son and the Venture raffle board

Winner winner

Wavy won the Voile package!

Powderjunkie on Sunday's tour

Watch out for trains

PJ, Ecobrad, and Puf Nattie

Puff Nattie

Cisco chute firsties

PJ

"Get yo hands up...get yo hands up"

Stoked

Sky helping load up, thanks son!

Got a bunch of shirts made in time for the event but couldn't pick them up till Sunday. let me know if you want one...or two! Use the paypal button in this link to buy...add your size, color pref, and shipping address in the notes. http://www.splitboard.com/index.php/mission/support

$15+$5 (shipping anywhere in the US) for Donner shirts, $20+$5 for sb.com. Only one shipping if you order more than one shirt. I'll post a separate thread soon too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9