Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:32 am 

Thanks for the discussion guys. :)

It's true the Burton design is discontinued but I don't believe it's protected by a patent so a new splitboard mfg (or existing ;) ) could potentially use a similar design on their boards if desired. They might have to get Voile's approval however.

My thoughts on the matter.

I like the way the Voile Hooks slide out of the way and are self cleaning. However, I don't like taking a few seconds to do it on every conversion. Its just one more thing to slow you down. The other thing I've noticed about the Voile Hooks is that after a season or two of use the core near the bolts seems to take some abuse which results in “playâ€Â

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:17 pm 

Good points bcrider. I don't like turning my hooks out of the way either. Also, the aluminum hooks are prone to wear after time. I replace mine about every 150 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:32 pm 

chinese or ying yang. weeds and grass catch in the burton hooks. ice build up in the burton hooks prevents a smooth transition. you try to slide your board together but that 1/8" of ice prevents the burton interface from working. stop clean , try again. also you cant slap the boards against each other with any force . I've used both voile wins. see you high in the mountains :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:33 pm 

chinese or ying yang. weeds and grass catch in the burton hooks. ice build up in the burton hooks prevents a smooth transition. you try to slide your board together but that 1/8" of ice prevents the burton interface from working. stop clean , try again. also you cant slap the boards against each other with any force . I've used both voile wins. see you high in the mountains :)