Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Furberg Snowboards
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:00 am 

PowderHooker wrote:
felt a bit weird on the first run,but i was loving it by the third. its got both a mellow feeling when cruising and it also turns really tight if you want. I had no problems navigating through relatively tight trees.

+1

Permnation let me demo the 167 at Wolf Creek on Sunday in 17" of fresh powder, thanks Nate! I'm in love with this board even though it took a little while to get used to that huge sidecut radius. When I really laid into the toe side on the powder covered groomers I would fall on my face, I'm used to boards breaking sharply when you plant that edge and so leaning way over got me in trouble on this thing. So yeah, the turn radius took a bit of getting used to, but Jesus, this thing rails! I have never been able to fly through chopped up powder so fast, normally it's like riding a bronco but the furberg just sliced through it. The faster you go the more stable it feels! Echoing what others have said, it holds speed in low angle trees much better than anything I've ever ridden, with my weight centered over the board. No back leg burn. Skidding turns in the powder through the trees was no problem, the board felt as nimble as my 160 true twin. Flexy enough to play around on, and yet stable at high speeds, WTF?! Totally in love.

I'm going to try out the 173 the next time I'm at WC and see if it's as much fun. I'll take it on some steeps, some bumps, and see what it does. I still ride lots of groomers with my kids, so if I can get comfy on this thing riding with them, I'm sold. I could even end up with both a solid and a splitty (and probably divorce papers).

Next time you are in South Fork CO, drop by Nate's shop. Get a wax and tune, and maybe even demo a furberg.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:09 pm 

chrishami wrote:
PowderHooker wrote:
I could even end up with both a solid and a splitty (and probably divorce papers).
:lol: :lol:

I feel exactly the same. It's hard to grasp how so many people here seem to always be able to afford the newest shit! Either rich or not married, haha!

Anyway, I get more and more curious about the Furberg Split.
Where you able to get a hang of the big radius by the end of the day?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:54 pm 

schwalbster wrote:

Anyway, I get more and more curious about the Furberg Split.
Where you able to get a hang of the big radius by the end of the day?

I'd say yes but I didn't ride any really firm snow, the groomers were pretty well covered with powder. I'm going to try the 173 tomorrow (40" in 3 days, should be very nice powder) but again I'm not expecting to find any hardpack. I will let you know what I think...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:50 pm 

Hi
Thanks for all the feedback we have got from you.
This is a very great source for us when it comes to improving our products.

The small changes we have made for this year are already a big improvement, but we still want to make the boards even better, both performance and quality wise.
Therefore we would be very thankful if you could go in to our Facebook page and fill in the questionnaire we have on our wall (https://www.facebook.com/furbergsnowboards).

You can also send your feedback to: info@furbergsnowboards.com

Thanks you help!

/Furberg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:43 am 

You can find a little Furbergshredding in this movie from Arlberg - Austria!
https://vimeo.com/59789937

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:25 am 

Just spent two days kiteboarding with my DIY Freeride 173 in 10 cm of fresh,when kiteboarding you dont need a lot of sidecut and it will only make the ride twitchy.obwiously the board rocked and provided a stable ride with good float in the new snow. if Daniel decides to make a long radius twin it should be a hit in the kite community.

Having a Split also rocks when you have to haul the gear up to the road/cabin or if the winds dies..

Since the winds here have been messing with the snow i also got to try it on really windpacked snow,and it rode great.no hooking etc.since i have already tried it in trees and just know it will work on big faces i just have try it on spring corn and (god forbid..) groomers....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:19 pm 

Need advice:
I picked up a furberg 167, but have yet to ride it. I'm going to Park City next week :bananas:

Question is, will this be okay for all conditions, or should I take another board in case the snow isn't soft?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 pm 

Cadderly wrote:
Need advice:
I picked up a furberg 167, but have yet to ride it. I'm going to Park City next week :bananas:

Question is, will this be okay for all conditions, or should I take another board in case the snow isn't soft?

Thanks!

You will need to adjust your riding style, but once you get it, it will work for all conditions. But hey, I am confused? You are going to one of the best backcountry spots in the US (the Wasatch) and you are going to ride lifts? This is splitboard.com. bring your splitboard, there is much better terrain in the backcountry than in bounds.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:30 pm 

Barrows,

I will be bringing my split too :headbang: I'm hoping to demo a Chimera board while out there as well. The people I'm going with don't split, tho :(

Thanks for the feedback!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:33 pm 

Cadderly,

Let us know how you like the Furberg and Chimera. Have fun out there!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 pm 

Cadderly wrote:
Barrows,

I will be bringing my split too :headbang: I'm hoping to demo a Chimera board while out there as well. The people I'm going with don't split, tho :(

Thanks for the feedback!

Ahh good! Try and find someone to get out with in the backcountry there-it is really good! If you do get a Chimera demo, maybe they can hook you up with a partner.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:28 am 

Cadderly (and anyone else), welcome to hit us up about demo-ing a DumDum.

I realize it's a little tacky to hijack the Furberg thread, so maybe let's take any demo talk to PMs or another post? :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:03 am 

I read through this entire thread and I gotta say Furberg are sounding amazing i have a sizing question im still not sure if im going to go with a solid or split, most likely a split but im wondering if the 162 is a good choice im 165lbs 5'6". I want to be able to use this board for all bc conditions including big mountain steeps, not only pow, im leaning towards Furberg because of their stability at high speed and float. Also how do these boards handle jumps and cliff drop offs?

Also hitting some long fast lines on steeps? Stable right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next