Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dates set...Tahoe SplitFest by sb.com 2/22-24/13
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:35 am 

Can't make the whole event, but I'm in for Saturday. 11 years living in Tahoe, and I've only ridden Donner once, so looking forward to checking out something new. Maybe someone can hit me up for a meeting time and spot? Might join in the festivities Sat. night, too. Gonna be riding Fri. on the west shore, let me know if anyone wants to ride then. Keep working on those snow dances :disco:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 pm 

I'll be heading up to Donner after work on Friday from Sacramento if anyone wants to carpool. I should be ready to leave anytime after 5:30 or so. Let me know!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:27 pm 

Schedule of events? Meet up spot on Saturday AM?

Unfortunately I'm headed to the bay from Truckee tomorrow morning through Friday evening. Gonna miss the fresh snow. Luckily my stress over these things positively effects humidity and snow levels, so you're all welcome. ITS GONNA DUMP! I'll be getting back to town fairly late on Friday night. Fired UP for Sat. Anyone have any hit list items? Is everyone planning on staying very Donner local or will there be ventures to Castle or West shore? Quantity vs Quality? I'll have access to a truck all weekend so I can move a lot of people/gear.

:rock: :bananas:

Spark Burners

Splitboarding is the answer!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:51 am 

Well, we got our little snow refresh that will have to last us into the weekend. Looks like snow is still playing hard to get around here. I guess the good news is that the Donner Pass area got the most out of this last system with 10-12" of very dry snow... Hope it finds something to stick to before blowing away....

https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/post/1203

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:34 am 

Received 2 Venture demos yesterday (Odin and Zelix) as well as a Zephyr for the raffle. Thanks Venture! :thatrocks:

Also got word Spark is shipping a couple demo sets of their current models and a custom branded set for the raffle. There should be a set of next year's Tesla binders for folks to touch and feel as well. :thatrocks:

Never Summer also stepped up with next year's Prospector split for demo and a custom branded SL for the raffle. :thatrocks:

Arbor provided an Abacus for the raffle. :thatrocks:

Thanks for your support to splitboard.com and the Sierra Avalanche Center! :thatrocks: :thatrocks: :thatrocks:

As for itinerary:

For folks staying at the lodge, I believe dinner is served at 6ish.

Andy from SAC will be giving one of his valuable avy discussions at 7ish.

Anyone interested in demos should expect to get their board set up Friday or Saturday nights (not mornings). Boards are limited so first come first serve. You'll also need your own hardware and skins.

Friday night is a good night to meet up with folks and get some touring groups together/beta/spots picked.

Saturday night raffle tickets will start being sold around 6-7pm and the raffle should be around 8-9. Rules to be announced that night. Possible scenarios include 2-3 winners picked for the grand prizes and splitboard conversion contest to choose the winner.

Demos are for one day only and should be returned by early afternoon on Sunday.

There is also a chance we'll have a special guest giving a slide show Saturday night. :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:05 pm 

i think we're gonna get up there saturday morning and hang for the evening festivities, but not stay the night.

What is the cost if just showing up for the saturday night festivites? Hopefully get dinner and be part of the raffle. :)

cya all there. glad to see we got a foot of new and looks like it will stay preserved. :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm 

Unexpected trip from Van to Santa Cruz for work yesterday, brought my split. Planning to ride up there Saturday, probably similar schedule to PJ's. Stoked to see y'all and the Sierras again!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:13 pm 

STOKED!!! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: The Donner Split Party presented by sb.com 2/22-24/13
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:00 pm 

FKNA wavy. Stoked!

Ps didn't get any shirts made but I know I still owe ya a medium. :headbang:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:10 pm 

Conditions should be sweet for this weekend. Can't wait. Even 50% chance of snow on Sat... :drool: :headbang:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:12 pm 

Haha, right on bcrider, no rush, I'm cool waiting for the next run.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:53 pm 

I just booked one of the last three spots this afternoon. Stoked to get out there. Looking for a laid back crew, this will be my first tour of the season so I fully expect to get my ass kicked. I'll be coming in late on Friday night. Save a place for me in the snoring section :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:35 am 

Hey all,

As mentioned a couple times previously, would you lucky Friday night folks mind posting up some general directions to get some of us part-timers on the right [skin]track? No doubt plans will probably be made Friday night, but fitit and I (as well as others) won’t be able to get up till Saturday, but would love to get together for a tour.

Another option would be for the Saturday crew to get our own tour going so we’re still with part of the group, but not holding anyone up that may have made last minute plans or decided up a difficult objective.

Any takers? Anyone have some ideas in mind?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next