Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NYC split
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:42 am 

Looking to get a group together from the city to do some exploring in the Northeast. I have a church van (Dodge RAM 15 seater) and I am open to what we do. If anyone wants to go to a local mountain to work on skinning/splitting, do some touring and winter camping, or get some certifications I am happy to coordinate it. Working toward an epic split trip somewhere out west would be ideal. Let me know who is around the NYC area and what you are interested in.

Post subject: Re: NYC split
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:30 pm 

I'm in Brooklyn and have been snowboarding for 10 years with at least one week out in the west every year. I made a splitboard last year and have the avy equipment. I'm definitely up for some outings.

I have been looking into local places to splitboard. Have you seen this:

http://www.nelsap.org/ny/ny.html
http://www.nelsap.org/

Let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:16 am 

I live part-time in the city. If you're organizing people I'd be in. . . Grew up skiing/riding in the NE and am looking for others to tour/camp with to keep myself occupied when I can't make it out west.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:52 am 

Glad to hear I'm not alone in the City. Let me know what you are interested in. I took level 1 avy course last year looking to take a refresher or level 2. Are you guys interested in me looking into coordinating something like that as a jumping off point? I also met another like minded guy looking to explore the NE. Let me know...just got back from Jay peak...got some nice conditions. Think snow!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:31 am 

Yeah if you want to try to coordinate something I'd be in if I am available. Once we get a group together, we should meet sometime in the city to chat, bring ideas to the table, get an idea where people's experience/skill is at.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:41 am 

I live in the area. My time is limited as I have a 2 yr old, but no issues there. I still snow shoe in the BC, but that is just because I can't make up my mind on the splitboards coming out with bindings... Good thing though as the changes to the products are now turning to be pretty fantastic.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:01 am 

We live in the city....but you gotta go out with all three of us. I have a stretch hum v ..so can give rides...especially to the ladies -BBD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:03 pm 

Who is serious? I suggest we meet up in midtown one night this week to find out and see what interests are. Bring maps, route selections, ideas. Next step is to pick a day to go to a local hill for a shakedown before we do anything else. Let me know what works, i can meet up any night this week and hit a local hill this weekend. Leaving for Nelson BC March 1 and i would like to have this figured out before i go because planning a trip (my vote is for tuckermanns) will take some time.

Benjamin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:03 pm 

Who is serious? I suggest we meet up in midtown one night this week to find out and see what interests are. Bring maps, route selections, ideas. Next step is to pick a day to go to a local hill for a shakedown before we do anything else. Let me know what works, i can meet up any night this week and hit a local hill this weekend. Leaving for Nelson BC March 1 and i would like to have this figured out before i go because planning a trip (my vote is for tuckermanns) will take some time.

Benjamin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:29 pm 

Were on tour in japan so we cant make it. May I suggest the slide on the south side of south twin in the pemi. Looks like there may be some sort sweet stuff around bond to boot if your out that way. Also some good works in the sandwich. Much love for the east coast. Blog that bluetooth style. -BBD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:50 am 

I'm out of town for the rest of the month. Any trips planned for next month I'd be interested in doing. I'll be around March 5 to meet up if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:06 am 

I'm planning a trip this Saturday (March 23rd) in Catskills. PM me if you're interested.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:38 pm 

I'm wicked happy I found this thread. I dont have my split made yet (spring project) but I am definitely interested meeting up for trips next year. Realize it is a long way off but wanted to throw my hat in the ring.

Also feel free to shoot me a message if anyone wants to ride a resort before the years out. Trying to get a few more days in before the board goes back in the closet.