PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:38 pm 

HikeforTurns wrote:

yessir

toys together

Skunk Ape Split

Post subject: Re: Colorado splitters
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:41 pm 

chase wrote:
I'm always up to get away from Denver on the weekends and occasional weekdays. Been riding resort/sidecountry for ~16 years, spent some time in Summit CO and Mammoth CA a couple years back. New to splitboarding but have been out a few times this year, in decent shape and really enjoying earning my turns.

Been up to Geneva Basin and Jones Pass with a buddy that has been splitting for a few years now and has avy training, so been learning from him. Want to meet others, learn more and not be stuck with only going when my buddy can. I have beacon/probe/shovel/ava lung but no avy1. I taken advantage of free workshops through Friends of Berthoud Pass, and from working at resorts closely with patrollers I'm just generally cautious in the BC. Looking into taking avy1 soon.

Anyone heading out this weekend, Saturday?

heading to abasin to get the legs a workout sunday before the game...planning on heading into the BC following sunday though...leaning toward exploring jones pass/butler or indian peaks region, maybe brainard lake region or arapahoe peak

Skunk Ape Split

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:40 pm 

Nice to see some of the same folks on TacomaWorld as Splitboard.com!

I am on TacoWorld as "Palmetto Pete". Nice looking truck and nice board, looking at the Skunk Ape as my next board!

165 Voile Artisan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 am 

keep an eye on the upcoming colorado events page, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/south- ... ost6351645

tacos on the beach, March 10, 2013

bunch of us gathering at abasin to ride and bs

got a hand full skinning up so we don't have to buy passes...i'll be on my split

Skunk Ape Split

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:59 am 

NYCO wrote:
chase wrote:

Anyone heading out this weekend, Saturday?

heading to abasin to get the legs a workout sunday before the game...planning on heading into the BC following sunday though...leaning toward exploring jones pass/butler or indian peaks region, maybe brainard lake region or arapahoe peak

Unfortunately Sunday is out for me, gotta go to Bailey with the wife. Keep me posted about heading back up to Jones/Butler or Indian Peaks. I'll be buildings my DIY next week and looking to get out on it the following weekend (and getting off this hand-me-down DIY split).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:01 am 

what are you going to split?

Skunk Ape Split

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:09 am 

hey what everyone? some new snow last couple of days wondering if anyone is getting out this weekend? front ranger here! avy1 and gear, lets go find some snow! been to jones and berthoud this year, any other fun spots in the area? get at me! (720)934-4258 eric

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:16 pm 

some of you guys may know already, but check out TGR here, http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/show ... -and-Stoke, for berthoud pass updates from BC travelers...i know at least one of the guys on there also posts in the colorado conditions here too

has some great maps as well

Skunk Ape Split

Post subject: Heading to Durango for the weekend Re: Colorado splitters
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:51 pm 

Been really busy with work so I haven't gotten out much in a couple of weeks, but I just finished a DIY 09 Burton Custom X 164 split and am now heading to Durango for the weekend with my wife. Getting in Friday afternoon, she has to work Fri/Sat so I'm gonna have some beers at Carver's friday night most likely and thinking about either heading to Silverton Saturday or looking for partner/guide to go out for a tour.

I've got all gear, no Avy 1 though, but have taken workshops offered by Friends of Berthoud Pass, watched numerous videos and read all sorts of media and just generally cautious in the BC. Not very familiar with the San Juans, only been down there in the summer so I'm pretty stoked to get back in the winter. Let me know if you're up for a tour, I'll buy beer for the guide. :guinness: