Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: acceptable quality of alignment?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:50 am 

looks like the left side just got a touch too long on the grinder, never think about it again and ride!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:25 pm 

You should contact Venture. For the price of the board it should fit together tighter than a clams a$$. Venture is a brand I am considering for a production split but it looks as if my DIY lines up better so maybe I need to reconsider my options.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:18 am 

kwm13 wrote:
...but it looks as if my DIY lines up better so maybe I need to reconsider my options.

Venture boards usually line up perfectly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:20 pm 

Scooby2 wrote:
looks like the left side just got a touch too long on the grinder, never think about it again and ride!

not sure which stage of the board process you are referring to, but if you are meaning grinding the edge then I doubt it. I didn't think to take a pic of the lineup from the base side, but the full edge was there on each half, and the length difference was just more than width of the metal edge. i hope that makes sense, pretty much where the board ended on the short side the outer metal edge just started to be there.

FloImSchnee wrote:
kwm13 wrote:
...but it looks as if my DIY lines up better so maybe I need to reconsider my options.

Venture boards usually line up perfectly.

this/that board still lined up tight in the center line, i was just surprised/disappointed that it was so noticeable on the edge. Venture said that defect was mostly cosmetic but should not have passed inspection and been offered as an "A grade" board. I could've ridden it and might not have noticed it, but I do some playing around and buttering in the flat glacier areas in the spring and that's what would have bothered me the most - thinking i could start rotating with that straight angle of metal dragging around.

in the end venture didn't think twice about sending me a new board, and took care of all the shipping. the new board is just as tight, so tight in fact i'm seeing what some people suggested the issue was originally - that i'm going to need to slightly offset the pucks to pull it totally aligned. it looks slick.

thanks for the feedback on all this, i would definitely still buy from venture in the future. their A grade boards are top notch, and their service was just the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:04 pm 

:thumpsup: Venture kicks ass. Although I think this is completely doesn't affect anything, showing they will swap out for that is top quality stuff. Good luck buttering a Venture...

Still think Venture puts out the most quality splitboards out there. Enjoy the board.