Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013-2014 new gear
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:52 pm 

G3 makes some good stuff. their skis are definatly worthwhile and sturdy. they are not the gnarliest sticks out there , i'd compare it to a viole mojo.

the topsheets do a good job of shedding snow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:14 pm 

The all black G3 board I've seen is dope, but that one there is pug fugly. :?

The Jones 30L pack looks like a piece of gear I could see buying. I feel all the packs haven't really been snowboard friendly, until now it seems. Might be a good pack for sled splitting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:32 pm 

The Icelantic gemini looks sick< the same board just different graphics.
http://issuu.com/northdesign/docs/icela ... 14_catalog

I found it looking for the neversummer catalog, could somebody repost a link to that please?

Burton Freebird/spark blazes/ burton ruler boots

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:32 pm 

Oh, and P.S. I was at Teton mountaineering Saturday and I over heard the employees talking about an Airbag pack by ARCTERYX! Here's the next bombshell, it doesn't use compressed air, it uses a battery! Weird right?

Burton Freebird/spark blazes/ burton ruler boots

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:43 pm 

I am very, very doubtful about this. Way too much to break, jam, fail, compared to the simple pyro-kick and presurised air. And Li-ion batteries - they gotta love cold...
On the plus size - maybe it will be able to inflate multiple times on a single charge, without the hassle of refilling and replacing triggers.
I have had enaugh airport troubles with the canister and pipes, I can only imagine the face of the security people when they see this thing full of batteries, wires and weird stuff on their scanners. And considering the stories about that TSA you've across the pond - better bring your own lube.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm 

BGnight wrote:
The beveled edges on their new board is an interesting concept. Kind of along the lines of furberg but without changing the shape of the board. I think we'll be seeing contact points addressed a lot more in the future with more furberg type hybrids. I've never seen this Jones' concept done.

Is this the same thing Bataleon has been doing for awhile now, spoon shaped tip and tail?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30 am 

We have been out to test some of the new gear in Austria / Europe if you are interested check it out.
http://www.splitboarding.eu/en/splitboa ... on-session

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:47 am 

here's a pic of the new burton landlord split and the spark magneto system:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:12 am 

^If there was a emoticon of a shredder monkey climbed up on the desk and humping his computer screen it would go right here _____.

Is that heel lock? Channels.

Although, if this is some Burton only thing with the channels then the emoticon of shredder monkey losing his e-boner, climbing down off his desk in shame and going to his room to throw a tantrum would go right here____.

Will wouldn't do that to us.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 am 

k2 should have channeled board next year too...

i'm a huge Arc'Teryx fanboy - but without seeing it in person that backpack looks fucking ridiculous. and dangerous. why fix what ain't broke? why on earth would you want to rely on batteries and electric motors in sub zero temps to trigger an airbag?

to whoever is going to throw in "your beacon runs on batteries", its not the same at all - your beacon lays right next to your body, inside your jacket - getting the advantage of body heat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:32 am 

powslash wrote:

It looks like typical puck setup, except you can use the pucks on the channel...
I love this time of year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:57 pm 

I'm hyperventilating.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:27 pm 

moridinbg wrote:

I am very, very doubtful about this. Way too much to break, jam, fail, compared to the simple pyro-kick and presurised air. And Li-ion batteries - they gotta love cold...
On the plus size - maybe it will be able to inflate multiple times on a single charge, without the hassle of refilling and replacing triggers.
I have had enaugh airport troubles with the canister and pipes, I can only imagine the face of the security people when they see this thing full of batteries, wires and weird stuff on their scanners. And considering the stories about that TSA you've across the pond - better bring your own lube.

Actually, I think Arcteryx' concept is quite promising. Anyone who thinks the electronics necessary to run a simple fan are going to be prone to failure needs to take a close look at their avy transceiver! There are already some working protos of this system being used and they inflate reliably. Current charged airbag canisters cannot be carried on planes, big problem for anyone who travels, and the Arcteryx system promises to save pounds over systems using an air or nitrogen cannister. Modern LiFePO4 batteries make this system possible, as these batteries can dump huge amounts of current in a hurray. There is a reason that Arcteryx has invested considerable resources in this project, and I hope that it revolutionizes the airbag pack market.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next