Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: splitting a nidecker diablo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:29 am 

i have a nidecker diablo that i want to split. anybody here ever split a nidecker with cap construction? it is very light weight and would be a pleasure going uphill. is it worth sacrficing this board or would i be better off splitting a sturdier sidewall constructed board? i am new to splitboarding so any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks, nate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:17 pm 

Nidecker boards are solid Swiss design & I believe construction as well. As for splitting a cap, my personal feelings on this is that sidewall construction has some advantages. The best advantage to sidewall over cap is the added durability in the edge due to the ABS or PTEX from the sidewall... this is nice when your charging down and rock your edge. Chances are better that the sidewall will handle the hit compared to a cap. Burton and several other companies not to mention most splitboard manufactures currently have oversized or reinforced sidewalls on their backcountry/powder boards - no longer cap like in the '90s. Another advantage is repairability. Cap is very difficult to repair back to its original integrity. Sidewalls are far easier to repair and even quick fix.

Sidewall all the way! If I have to work on my board, I want it to be as painless as possible. And I appreciate the added security when I'm deep in the backcountry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:45 am 

thanks yoda