Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - The splitfest that shall not be named...

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The splitfest that shall not be named...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:40 pm 

ok people, what the f**k is going on around here. It has now been 1 week since the Canuck splitfest, and there has not been one picture posted, or any kind of recap of any type. Did it just not happen? Do Wade and BCR have some kind of turkish oil wrestling type grudge going on? do they need to have a big sweaty asscheek grabbing hug, and get over it? I WANT SOME ACTION HERE! I had blisters and was recovering from the death flu so i couldnt go, and now i cant even read about it on my beloved splitboard.com? WTFFFFF?

i demand:

1. a description of the 2 evenings events
2. some chiming in of people that won some shit in the draw
3. at least ten pics , and one vid link
4. any anecdote that any attendee feels like putting up - who had the best weed, who snored the worst, make any new friends, etc.

entertain me!!! :guinness: :doobie:

Post subject: Re: The splitfest that shall not be named...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:47 pm 

libtechsplit wrote:
2. some chiming in of people that won some shit in the draw

I won some intuition liners and a set of voile tractor skins

Was too busy shredding to take any pictures, but Sunday greeted us with 40-50cm of low dense pow :rock:

Saturday night, a guy won 3 splitboards and a set of Almond no board pads ... he donated 2 of the boards back, there was some pretty long faces at the end of the raffle though

Kyle Miller's slide-show was interrupted twice by people asking him about hardboots haha

Any softboot doubters, just google Kyle Miller :headbang:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:32 am 

There was no Splitfest event Friday night so took in a sick slideshow at the Biglines.com party. Their 3 best trip reports of the year, wild first descents from the area, so much gnar.

Sat was the last day of the high pressure, met some cool people shredded some pow

Dropped $200 on raffle tickets, came away with a Trapper of my choice, another guy killed it though, after already walking with some swag he somehow scored 3 boards(yes 3 splits). Gave way and got some good karma by giving one away.
One of the guys from Fridays slideshow(who is putting together the most comprehensive Rockies tour guide books) won a split too. Dunno if that is going to get him off his skis.

I got some shitty pics, here's a vid thats been posted
http://youtu.be/u8tLvTw2QC8

Sunday was good, socked in.

Stayed a couple extra days, which had me catching the bus back to Vancouver.
What was supposed to be a 9hr trip turned in to an epic.
9hrs in we were stuck somewhere up on the Coquilhalla Highway with semis in the ditch all over the place, a jackknifed one in front of us and nearly taken out by another one. I had to pull out my shovel from my pack, help dig out the Greyhound, and a bunch of us helped the driver put on the chains(good thing I had my Petzel).
We got going again an hour later in 50cms of fresh on the road, somehow the ignorant driver went through an avy closure :banghead: .......I found out via my phone that we shouldn't even be there and we should have turned around. Stressed at midnight(11hrs in to the trip) as I look out the window and see 1ft crowns on small roadside slopes, naturals :shock: . Made it down the valley and my freaked out girl drove down, got me back to Whistler at 430am.

Fuck the bus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:13 pm 

haha thanks guys

thats nuts how one guy cleaned up like that.

holy shit whistlermav , thats a helluva bus ride, glad we didnt hear about a horrific greyhound crash on the news...

what was the official attendance?

who else was there, lets hear about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:48 am 

I went for the second year in a row. Had a freaking blast and went to the Asulkan Hut for a couple nights afterwards. Unfortunately, we were in the clouds the entire time at the hut, but we had 2 feet of snow to play in.

Our second days line ended with this fun little pillow section.

Here is the triangle trees at the hut. Quality isn't great but you get the point.

The hut on the morning we were leaving.

Rogers Pass.