Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wasatch Splitfest 2013
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:06 am 

SAVE THE DATE!: Wasatch Splitfest, February 6th to February 10th, 2013, Salt LAke City, Utah.

More details to follow. At this point, I invite any and all interested parties to please PM me and lemme know:

1. If this is a datestomp with another splitfest that you are organizing.

2. If you are a manufacturer, educator, filmmaker, or individual interested in potentially contributing a film, slideshow, educational presentation, etc for the event.

3. If you would like to attend a get-together on Wednesday October 10th to discuss the event and have some burgers and beers at my house.

Post subject: Re: Wasatch Splitfest 2013
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:06 am 

Shout out to Bucky for hosting the get together last night and spearheading an effort to bring a SB fest back to the Satch. Thanks man! :headbang:

It was great to finally connect with those I've only known through the forum and reconnect with those I've met previously. I've no doubt this fest will be fantastic!!!

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:38 am 

Yes, thanks to everyone who showed up last night to discuss the upcoming 2013 Wasatch Splitfest! We're going to be having the event February 6th to 10th, 2013. We're still working on specifics, but here's some thoughts on where we're at thus far:

-All type of splitters are of course welcome: out-of-towners, locals, old timers, newbies, and curious wannabes. Our main goal is to celebrate our community, with an eye toward backcountry safety and environmental awareness.

-The couple splitfests that I have been to (South Lake Tahoe, Rogers Pass) are more what I would call "destination"-style, in that it makes sense for many or all participants to be lodged at a common location. In the case of this Wasatch Splitfest, we're not going to have a common lodging spot - you are on your own for that. We feel this makes sense, because we anticipate that a lot of participants will be Wasatch front locals, and plus there's tons of hotels, condos, buddies to crash with in Salt Lake City metro area. We will provide some suggested options to help you decide if you don't know where to start.

-Tentative schedule for events is:

Feb 6th Wednesday night: Splitboarding 101 Intro workshop
Feb 7th Thursday AM: Meet at a Park and Ride and we tour
Feb 7th Thursday night: Art Show/Tuning workshop/Silent art auction
Feb 8th Friday AM: Meet at a Park and Ride and we tour
Feb 8th Friday night: Slideshows/movie night and grand raffle
Feb 9th Saturday AM: Meet at a Park and Ride and we tour
Feb 9th Saturday night: Party night with splitboard obstacle course competition showdown - AND/OR full moon midnight tour
Feb 10th Sunday AM: Meet at a Park and Ride and we tour (for those still standing)

Watch this space for further details, and hollar back if you have any suggestions or questions. We're stoked!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:38 am 

Sorry for the confusion, but please Resave that Date. We've adjusted the 2013 Wasatch Splitfest to February 6th to 10th. We did this because our previous dates coincided with the O.R. Show, which turned out to cause conflicts for interested potential participants.

Website launch and more info coming soon!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:16 am 

Saving the dates!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:12 pm 

So the 2013 Wasatch Splitfest is now a month away and we're stoked and we've been working hard to line stuff up for it. Here's a quick update:

-FRIDAY SPLITBOARD DEMO DAY AT BRIGHTON: On Friday February 8th from 9AM to 4PM, we will have a tent set up at the Milly Base for free demos of splitboards and bindings. We have a couple board manufacturers, plus a binding vendor or two, lined up to provide demo gear for you to try out.

-FRIDAY EVENING PRESENTATIONS AT CANYON INN: Friday February 8th we are pleased to have confirmed that we will have Splitboard Inventor and UAC Forecaster Brett "Kowboy" Kobernick, Professional Splitboard Ambassador Kyle Miller, Weather Dude Matt Jeglum, and Carl Fisher from Save Our Canyons.

-FRIDAY EVENING RAFFLE: We've got $SEVERAL THOUSAND$ of gear donated by our gracious sponsors for our benefit raffle for the Utah Avalanche Center, including new splitboards and top quality soft goods. Come out and by some raffle tickets for stuff LIKE A NEW GODDAMN BOARD and support the Utah Avalanche Forecast Center!

-FACEBOOK - yeah we made one it's "2013 Wasatch Splitfest" so you can check there too.

More info soon, peace!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:38 am 

Look'n good Bucky :headbang:

Sorry for the lack of visibility on the 'to do's. Shawn is still down with a tuning demo if that is still of interest to anyone. :D Haven't been able to make it down to speak with Charlie during business hours. :(

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:49 am 

So there. Thanks for leading the charge Bucky!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:31 pm 

Here's the first big ticket donation item that we've received for the Feb 8th Raffle: a Venture 166cm Storm splitboard. Word! I want to set it up and ride it tomorrow in this 2 foot dump that we're getting here in the Wasatch but I won't because I have integrity and I care about YOU the potential winner of this board so it will remain in mint cherry condition for the lucky winner. Thank you, kind folks at Venture!

Snurfer, I have been meaning to get w/ you - we'll talk soon. And breadbox my brother so stoked that you'll be coming to town for the fest!

Also here's the facebook: http://www.facebook.com/2013WasatchSplitfest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:31 pm 

I'm looking forward to this!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:07 pm 

Right on Bucky, I just noticed this. Was planning on coming to SLC in February, looks like I need to move up my dates a bit and join in the fun. Stoked to get out with you guys again!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:51 pm 

i'm in, for friday and saturday at least. super pumped to demo a bunch of boards and get some turns in the mighty central wasangeles after an eight year absence. oh, and to win that sweet ass venture lol!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:27 pm 

If anyone wants to Demo a pair of Phantoms, please send me a PM. I have three bindings that people could demo on Friday and Saturday. You'll need to supply your own tech toe pieces.

Stoked to meet and ride with you guys. Much thanks to Bucky for putting this on!

That's a nice looking Storm. They sent you nothing but the best, rock on Venture!