Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: UTAH 2012-13 Conditions
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:29 pm 

Looks like everyone put in good work all across the Wasatch this weekend. Good work guys! I headed up to God's Lawnmower today. Didn't take too many action shots as I was too stoked. It was deep though. This helped remind me why I moved here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:20 am 

nice work everyone. on the way up the canyon on Saturday I had suggested red baldy, or heading into redpine/maybird. would have been fun to run into you guys. I got a new gopro and while I have talked shit on these things for years I have to admit the quality on this thing is insane. the video posted below is only at half quality 720p. the full 1440 looks so good but it makes my computer explode.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:13 am 

Well done fellas :headbang:

It's been tough to sit on the sidelines and watch the storm come and go, but I've enjoyed the great photos and video in between :puke: :shit: :sleepy:

Cheers for 2013!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:08 am 

Snurfer wrote:
Well done fellas :headbang:

It's been tough to sit on the sidelines and watch the storm come and go, but I've enjoyed the great photos and video in between :puke: :shit: :sleepy:

Cheers for 2013!

yeah dude sorry you got sick. if you got the same thing I did look forward to at least 2 more weeks of hacking up neon colored shit out of your lungs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:47 am 

wasatch surf wrote:
yeah dude sorry you got sick. if you got the same thing I did look forward to at least 2 more weeks of hacking up neon colored shit out of your lungs.

Ha,ha the neon stuff is over for now, although it came from distinctly different places than my lungs... TMI, I know :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:16 pm 

That sucks Doug. I'm sick too and was hoping to get out on New Years Day. Might not happen now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:37 pm 

WhitePine wrote:
That sucks Doug. I'm sick too and was hoping to get out on New Years Day. Might not happen now.

Bummer Corey, hope you get feeling better. I'm hoping to get out for some easy turns tomorrow as well, but I doubt I'll get too far from the road.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 pm 

Bummer to hear you guys are sick, if it makes you feel any better the snow is still really good!!

Some shots from today...

It was cool watching this cloud billow over the canyon

take care! :ninja:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:46 am 

I've been loving that variation for a long time, glad a splitter took it out this cycle! Thanks for the photos everyone, I've been grounded with family health issues and its fun to see the snowpack's been healing up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:55 am 

Managed to get out early on NYD after doing nothing but sitting and sleeping for a week.
It was probably my worst day ever on skins, I was sliding backwards on inclines as low as 5°! Not sure what was going on, but it was demoralizing to say the least.

Conditions along the trail seemed really good although the trail (Southwest facing BCC) was brushy as hell. Not that there wasn't a lot of snow, its just that this trail is right next to the creek for a a mile or so, add to that the a myriad of random out-tracks crisscrossing the up-track and my inability to skin and it was full on comedy for anyone who may have witnessed my shame. :nononno: :oops:

Anyways, I finally made it to a zone I've been coveting for years and made it about three quarters of the way up before the winds coming out of the north from Millcreek spooked me into transitioning. The top part of the run was very wind damaged and heavy and not so fun, the bottom was simply so low angle as to be equally uninspiring, but the scenery was great.

Another day, another storm and I'll be back make art here

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:58 am 

nice Doug! oddly enough that zone had 6-8 tracks on it saturday, south facing. first time i've seen that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:29 am 

Last day of vacation and the start of a new year:

Jan 1st

yes, skintracks were very slippery, Dan did you get out yesterday?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:37 pm 

Dave- no I didn't end up going out yesteday. I had a wild(but not in a good way NYE), so I had to run some errands and get life sorted out yesterday. how is the snow quality holding up looks pretty good still? that photo looking up cardiff is really nice. looks like you rode the line or at least the area I wanted to hit yesterday too!

ps-my phone is toast so if anyone wants to ride in the near future hit me up on here or email or smoke signals.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next