Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: NH/ME region this winter
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:57 pm 

Spread the word to all you're "local" friends Murph.

By the way, the Sherbie was awesome today and will be tomorrow!

http://www.thegreatbenandhannah.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:52 am 

New splitter in Portland, Maine here. Longtime lurker, first time caller . . . :wink:

Anyone going to be getting out this weekend or on New Years day that would be willing to have a greenhorn tag along?

Cheers,
Matt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:42 am 

I can be at Pinkham at anytime new years morning. Whoever is going pm me. I drive a blue corolla, and am a giant(I'm told).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:06 pm 

Heeded back up to tuckerman tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:42 am 

anyone planning on heading up to Washington any time soon? I'm looking to get out into the bc now.

spent my first day resort splitting at Magic in VT yesterday. Cool vibe at that place, and because their lift was down for the past week, there was still a ton of powder left, even on the trails, let alone in the trees, great day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:00 am 

Cadderly/Murphey, I am also in Portland ME area. I'm looking to do some more splitting this winter. Also ride Sunday River, Sugarloaf most weekends, and sometimes Saddleback. Looking to explore a few ME spots and get more skilled.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:26 am 

Anyone know if there is decent snow for splitting in NH/ME? Anyone getting out this weekend?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 pm 

I was going to start a new thread but I figured this NH one already existed and that I could look for partners here.

I live in Montana and I'm heading back to MA for a week around March 2nd. I have been splitting out here for four years and before that I was an avid backcountry bootpacker in the NE.

I am planning on splitting up Mt Washington (to the summit) and riding Tucks, Hillman's Highway or the Gulf of Slides depending on avy conditions.

I rode all these routes when I was younger, but I rode each in the month of April. I am hoping to have a partner with a beacon, probe, shovel and the ability to use them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:12 am 

I'd be all for that jondub, I've got the gear and knowledge from living in WA, but I'll be at Silverton then.

Anyone know how badly the bc snowpack was affected from this recent thaw and rain? I was hoping to get out tomorrow, probably at cardigan, but I'm questioning it given the rain. Anyone up that way care to give some insight before I head to my inlaws in Thornton tonight?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:03 pm 

dfox wrote:
I'd be all for that jondub, I've got the gear and knowledge from living in WA, but I'll be at Silverton then.

Anyone know how badly the bc snowpack was affected from this recent thaw and rain? I was hoping to get out tomorrow, probably at cardigan, but I'm questioning it given the rain. Anyone up that way care to give some insight before I head to my inlaws in Thornton tonight?

Any BC in new hampshire is gonna be horrible I may head up to Jay VT tommorrow if its decent up there I will let you know.
Sherbie
Hilmans

Karakouram Split30s
2010 mutes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:59 pm 

I've had a few good days up at magic since the last storm, including a lift day on Saturday where some people in the lodge later gave me :thumpsup: for being a boarder who can rip it up. Seems like most skiers around here think boarders are either beginners or park rats.

Potentially going up to NH this weekend. Given the snow, and the holiday weekend, it will likely be a mess so maybe just splitting... Anyone going out?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:41 am 

I would stay far away from the mt washington valley if I were you. Best snow least crowds is Northern VT right now :disco:

Karakouram Split30s
2010 mutes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:20 pm 

It's just so much farther for city dwelling folk like myself. I also don't know the northern Vermont bc so I'd need some people to go with, *wink*

I am really hoping to spend a day this weekend out on the slopes, split or solid, I don't care. Maybe another long ride to Jay is in store. I have a trip to CO in a little over a week where I'll be splitting in the bc, and riding silverton. I need some more riding time before then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next