Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: UTAH 2012-13 Conditions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:32 am 

Dave,

How was Seagull coverage wise? It has been on my list for some time now. I am pretty envious to say the least. Looks like I might have to hit it this weekend if everything holds up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:28 am 

What a gorgeous line, I spent all day at Brighton staring at that jealously.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:11 am 

Coverage was great, def. good to go for YESTERDAY!! Conditions WERE perfect with just the right amount of new low density snow, really couldn't ask for anything better. Would have been hesitant if we received any MORE new snow, like this additional foot or inch of water that were supposed to get...soft slabs, sluffs will be challenging to manage.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:35 pm 

Sick Dave beautiful lines as always. Your killing it in that zone. Not me by the way up at Brighton the other day. I hit that video zone Thursday the day after you hit up Days. It was interesting cause that whole ridge had slid naturally, NE facing.

Hit some Aspens up today. Coverage was not so good. Upper Aspens were decent but the lower half was sketchy due to snow snakes and stumps. I'm hoping we get a little shot tonight, for tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:28 pm 

Got out yesterday with Logan and Joey for some turns down south face of superior (ish). It was a bit heavy from the sun but still deep and a lot of fun. We tried hitting the skin track before sunrise but the canyon closure boagrded our plan. Image

----
James
www.JamesRoh.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:28 pm 

^nice!!

weeee...

more weeee...

yep, its deep!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:33 pm 

quickie after work up in mill d north. cars and tracks on all the low hanging fruit all the way up BCC, sun was poking out and god damn everything looked so nice. tomorrow should be interesting, i give cardiac bowl until noon before its tracked wall to wall.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:00 pm 

Damage Report:

Got up to Toledo bowl today snow was great, south facing was holding up well... exited around 3:30. Toledo Chute and Bowl are done.

Cardiac bowl had many tracks along with the main shots down High and Mid Ivory, although if you get up there early there should be some goods left...didnt see any tracks down North Superior. Holey Toledo had its fair amount of tracks too. Flagstaff is annihilated. Emma ridge is still holding some untracked lines. Tracks down little Superior and Pinball Alley.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 pm 

Nice pics...

I'm new to the area, just moved the fam up here from CA.

Just wanted to say hi to the local shed crew and hope to see you all out there!

M.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:33 pm 

mar123 wrote:
Damage Report:

Got up to Toledo bowl today snow was great, south facing was holding up well... exited around 3:30. Toledo Chute and Bowl are done.

Cardiac bowl had many tracks along with the main shots down High and Mid Ivory, although if you get up there early there should be some goods left...didnt see any tracks down North Superior. Holey Toledo had its fair amount of tracks too. Flagstaff is annihilated. Emma ridge is still holding some untracked lines. Tracks down little Superior and Pinball Alley.

all the classic east facing cardiff stuff got raped today by tourers and heli skiers. north superior didn't go until 11am, south superior had several tracks at 9am. we squeezed in some lines on lsb, cardiac ridge, and attempted new line for us down canyon but found west facing 8000-9500ft to be way more sugary and faceted with a lower overall snow structure so we bailed and had a great consolation run. Ton's of people out today but what do you expect its a holiday weekend with bluebird and ton's of snow. The helis really gave George's a what for today. if you can't beat them join them. oh and the pics are beautiful Dave!

I lugged my camera around and santa gave me a new tele tubby device so maybe i'll through some video up later if any of it turned out. turns out I forgot to take riding shots today, here are some scenics.

Our last line is up there somewhere. benson and hedges had tracks in it, so we tried to find a substitute and we did but got shut down.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:37 am 

^^nice!! Saturday was a good one for sure. Headed up White Pine to Red Baldy, put in three laps, and then headed up to Scotties for our exit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:05 am 

I don't think you could go wrong yesterday, it was so perfect. LCC to BCC exit was a great idea Dan. Dave that one shot off Red Baldy with the Pheif and the valley in the background is absolutely amazing. Funny thing when you were droppiing that line lookers right on the face I was at the top of no name watching :headbang:

I knew it was deep so I tried to go steep. Was able to get a decent cornice down on each of the chutes we rode and everything just sluffed out so it was shred time. Could have just straighted these lines it was so deep, it was kind of like riding in slow mo. Didn't see a soul until WP.
Take care.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:42 am 

Hey UTAH,

We watched you guys rip that line, It looked so sic!! Was wondering if someone was going to get that, stoked it was you guys. Second pic from the bottom is greatness :D

Yeah had my Wasatch wiggle going on yesterday :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next