Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: NH/ME region this winter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:20 pm 

Murphy wrote:
Where did you ride in northwest? I road alpental a lot. Place is so sick for slackcountry. Baker and Stevens were super fun. Heading to brighton and solitude in jan. so stoked. Hope we have a good season. Can't wait to split around the whites as well. Got all the Avy gear. Just need snow. Ridden Sunday river twice now couldn't wait any longer Surprisingly good for early riding

I rode Stevens almost exclusively. Loved the slack country there, cowboy is so easy, and has such awesome terrain and some huge cliffs, let alone the hike out to rooster, or Hollywood. Tye rock, tye stick, whatever you want to call it was my goal but I never could muster the balls when I was up there.

I gotta move back. I miss everything about living there, aside from the overcast days all winter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:57 pm 

Yeah I miss it too. Everyday was a powder day out there. I lived in Seattle for two years from 02 to 04
Not super familiar with Stevens. Just had sick pow days there. The terrain was dope. I rode alpental because it was 50 min from bell town where I lived

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:59 pm 

Oh yeah. The gloomy overcast winters were long. But when it rained in the city you knew it was gonna be sick at the mountain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:52 am 

I rode alpental a few times, loved the slack country there. Only problem with it, is its over crowded with some not so smart people. Any high avy danger day, you usually here about someone getting caught at alpental. I liked Stevens because it was far enough out that the crowds were kept down. And there's tons of slack and back country easily accessible there. Still hoping to move back within two to three years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 am 

Stoked to hear about some northwest riding. I used to live in Marblemount and did some tours on Sahale and up in Washington Pass. I totally miss the beer, good vibes, and the terrain of "Sasquatch" country. I might drive the Toyota camper out there this spring to hit some volcanoes.
In terms of more local news Mt. Washington got a healthy dump of 6+ low density snow on Thursday but this weekends rain obliterated it! I saw a few folks pass by with skis yesterday but I dont think they even put em on. Its pretty bony and we only have an 1 in of snow here at Hermit Lake. In the meantime I'm brewing some beer and crossing fingers for the snow to fly. Its another waiting game I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:58 pm 

sigh...

lots of disappointment here.

I'm dying to get out. I might just drive all the way to Jay for a few turns.

if this winter doesn't turn around, I might just be moving back to Seattle this summer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:24 pm 

Yup. You re gonna have to shred the resort for awhile. Luckily I just bought a new set up profom. Burton custom 160 with cartel limited bindings. Stoked to ride it. Splurged on burton imperial boots with vibram sole too. Should be a fun set up. Split board still sitting in my basement ready to go. Wish it would snow and fill in enough to play transiever games and do some pits. Just want to be in the mountains playing in the snow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:16 am 

Yep weather certainly has not been cooperative for early season earned turns. The good news though is that it's still only December 8th so plenty of time left. If we're still in this weather pattern on February 8, well then I'll be pissed.

Rode Cannon yesterday (have a pass), not a ton open but I was still able to entertain myself for most of the day. Was going to head up again this morning but when I woke up to pouring rain it was a little hard to motivate myself to get out of bed.

When you guys ride resort where do you typically go? I'm usually solo when I ride in NH so if anybody wants to meet up let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:58 am 

I have the Cannon/ Bretton Woods midweek pass, got it hoping to do some good splitting on the weekends. As I look out the window of my office in Laconia right now it doesn't look very promising for the month of December.

@toolidge1 - let me know if you plan on hitting up Cannon. Slushy resort turns are better than no turns.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:37 pm 

This shit is killing me. i have a crotched mid week pass since I have mon/tues off and I drive up from the Vineyard. Also, they are cool about me skinning there, to practice for the time I can ride in a group actually out of bounds. missed every day they have been open. I'll have to take a board with me when I visit home to climb Rainier in April. Went from 126 days in Utah in 10/11 to 6 days last winter. Weak. maybe next week.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:54 am 

@ White lines, right now the next time I think I'm going to Cannon will be 12/21. Was there on Sunday, might have been the worst conditions I've seen in 3 years. Bulletproof ice and death cookies, we need it to snow, or at least stay cold enough for the man made to stick around.

Also I'll be up in North Conway this weekend. Thinking about an early morning skin up either Wildcat or Bear Peak, I have to be at Pinkham by 8:15. If anybody is around and wants to meet up let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:50 am 

Professor cookie wrote:
This shit is killing me. i have a crotched mid week pass since I have mon/tues off and I drive up from the Vineyard. Also, they are cool about me skinning there, to practice for the time I can ride in a group actually out of bounds. missed every day they have been open. I'll have to take a board with me when I visit home to climb Rainier in April. Went from 126 days in Utah in 10/11 to 6 days last winter. Weak. maybe next week.

I hear your pain. I only pulled about 35 at Stevens days in 10/11, but that was still a lot for me. Down to only THREE local days here in NE last winter. At least I had three days of BC cat boarding to help out. I wasn't expecting it to be this bad when I moved back east.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:25 pm 

Toolidge1=> I'll go up wildcat with you either sat or sun if we gotta be done before 815. Heck I'll do that anyday of the week. Went over to the cat and scoped the runs today. Looked hard as a rock but super rippable with some fresh on it. Looks like we could prob do top to bottom with a bunch of whales on the top half above bobcat chair. Unless of course they groom it before the weekend to open up the summit. Weather says possible flurry tonight and then wintery mix Friday into Saturday then snow into Sunday.

Hit me up, I'm game! My wife might come too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next