Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Sizing Sparks for a 10.5

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sizing Sparks for a 10.5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:02 am 

Hey,
I searched through all the pages of this forum for answers, but couldn't find anything definitive. There are a couple of pairs of medium sparks for sale in the swap right now, and I'm trying to figure out if I should go M or L for my size 10.5 2012 32 TM2s. The boot has a noticeably smaller footprint than all my older TM2s (only boot and size I have used for probably 10 years now).
Thanks for any advice!

PS- Looking to upgrade from the old C60's I'm currently running on the splitty.

Post subject: Re: Sizing Sparks for a 10.5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:47 am 

I ride 10.5 Burton Driver X boots with size large Spark Burners. The heel cup and toe strap positions are adjustable and I am roughly in the middle of the range. Mediums may have worked but I am happy with how my boot sits on the platform and the location of the toe ramp with the large bindings.

Burton Spliff 148
Voile Mojo RX 166
BD, G3, and Gecko skins
Sparks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:24 am 

I have both M and L sized Burners are home for some time (M was for friend), so had a chance to compare them carefully. Basically the only difference I found on the baseplates was width, length wise they were identical.
Straps were marked M and L respectively, if there is any difference there, I'd say it's not that big as well.

So it really is a matter of width (bulkiness) of the boots you plan to use.

10.5 Driver X, I opted for L and I like the fit (though did not have time to get on the snow yet, so all my findings are based on the looks)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:08 pm 

How do you tell what size Sparks you have? I rock the Blazes and a 10.5 OG Spark boot. I never needed to adjust anything and they fit like a glove in the binder... but like I said, I'm not sure what size they are.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:01 pm 

If you look at the bottom of the binding, at the rear end of the channel the pucks slide into, you will see an S, M, or L dimpled into the aluminum.

My wife's size small Burners are both shorter and narrower in the binding base than my size large Burners. I don't know if mediums are different or not, but I would think they split the difference.

Burton Spliff 148
Voile Mojo RX 166
BD, G3, and Gecko skins
Sparks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:38 am 

Thanks. Just checked and I have the size large Blazes which, like I said before, fit the 10.5 Sparks perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 am 

Thanks for the info, sounds like I should just go with large to be safe. 10.5 is always right in between... I've always used large conventional bindings. Straps tightened almost all the way down, but better than toes way off the end. One good thing about 10.5 boots is they can still fit on a normal waist board !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:29 pm 

Large is definitely the safe way to go. I took a chance on a good deal for medium 2011/2012 burners to go with my size 11 Burton Rulers. I'm not at the end of the adjustment range but i think 1 hole before the last. For a larger profile, stiffer boot with vibram soles line the Spark Deeluxe I think I'll be out of luck but medium works fine for what I have now. To be honest I was more worried about the pivot position underfoot than I was about the straps closing but everything feels great.

I'm in the market for new boots now and will be looking for something stiffer, so I'll try to remember to keep you posted.