Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: What pack do you use?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:56 am 

for a 45l pack the mammut pro ras looks pretty nice, you can order it without the air bag but its still pretty spendy at 300. bentgate had an early season sale for 250.00 and I pulled the trigger on it even though I have too many packs. I think its like the spindrift but with a rear access instead of a side. The side access on the spindrift looks very functional though. Pack has compression straps and flattens out nicely with a small load.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:11 pm 

2 full days out with the Deuter Freerider Pro 30. :headbang:

No problems. Wicked fit and comfy, lots of packing options, seems like it will outlast me (or my interest in the pack!). It's a buy if you're interested in it.

1 recommendation I would have to Deuter is to look at the waist belt and back material. It is very breathable, but also holds snow. It doesn't really need to be so porous on a ski back, IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:49 pm 

Just did my first day with the freeride 26. Built like a canvas tent back in the day...solid,
but for me it feels short at 6'0. Also if you like to carry A-frame, and you're carrying a 26 cm width, I'd be skeptical. My 25 waist board is REALLY snug.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:27 am 

802smuggler wrote:
Just did my first day with the freeride 26. Built like a canvas tent back in the day...solid,
but for me it feels short at 6'0. Also if you like to carry A-frame, and you're carrying a 26 cm width, I'd be skeptical. My 25 waist board is REALLY snug.

You should consider trying the Deuter Freerider Pro 30, I am 5'11 and it feels a little bit too long for me, my girlfriends Pro 28 SL fits me way better, so for you the Pro 30 would be perfect I would say.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:04 pm 

FaDe wrote:
802smuggler wrote:

You should consider trying the Deuter Freerider Pro 30, I am 5'11 and it feels a little bit too long for me, my girlfriends Pro 28 SL fits me way better, so for you the Pro 30 would be perfect I would say.

It was my girlfriends deuter packs that got me on the banwagon too. Sweet thing about the 26 is the hip belt hides away if it's just a mellow day of touring. I only have to buckle up when the pace picks up. Will have to sneak a tour with her 28 when she isn't looking! :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:40 am 

that north face vest I scored for cheap....not so good for climbing. to hard to regulate body heat, comfortable, but better suited for sidecountry shots with very little hiking involved.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:15 am 

Tried out my Black Diamond Outlaw Avalung for the first time this weekend. I'm no seasoned vet but it worked perfectly for what I needed... Project Split isn't complete yet so I was stuck with the slo-shoe and board hauling route. Vertical hold for the board was nice... cooled my fat ass off a few times with a dump of snow down the neck from some overhanging branches.. Held the slo-shoes and BD poles snug on the way down. Going to have to get used to riding with a pack however. It will be much nicer when I can split in and not have to haul a solid in on my back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:30 pm 

I got a BD Mission 50 last season cause I wanted something bigger but it's lacking in a few board specific features. Might go out and grab an Anarchist as I really like how the Black Diamond bags feel.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:38 pm 

Anyone invest in the new Mammut Pro R.A.S. Ready?

http://www.mammut.ch/en/productDetail/2 ... ready.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:04 pm 

Wound up with a Dakine Blade, and have mixed feelings about some of its features, especially the slightly-too-small shovel pocket (barely fit my Voile Mini Telepro in there, but it's a hassle to get in and out). The main thing though, is that it just doesn't fit me well. The shoulder straps are mounted too wide for my narrow girly shoulders. So back it goes.

I just pulled the pin on the old-style Outlaw Avalung for $117 on STP. I was mostly looking at the Deuter Freerider Pro SL and the Dakine Women's Pro II, but the Outlaw is lighter, higher capacity, and I can have an Avalung for less than I'd pay for the Deuter by itself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:26 am 

I tried the Salewa Taos 28 pro last weekend, and it turned out to be a great option for splitboarding.
Very wide straps to carry the splitboard in a very stable way, outside pocket for the transceiver+probe+shovel, nice and wide belt so it doesn't move at all when going downhill, and a bombproof material.

The pro version has 5 layers of protection, which makes it a bit heavy for touring, but definetely good to have if you ride steep and sketchy terrain.

We made a video about it, check it out at
http://www.splitboardmag.com/blogs/sale ... os-28-pro/

http://www.splitboardmag.com
http://www.facebook.com/splitboardmag1
https://twitter.com/splitboardmag
http://instagram.com/splitboardmag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:14 am 

I just picked up a DaKine Blade for $115 off of Altrec.com. Initial impressions are great, and I really like the deplyable helmet carry. I really like my DaKine HeliPro for shorter/resort days so hopefully the Blade is just as good. First test should be this weekend though!

165 Voile Artisan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:13 pm 

I just scored a new old stock Glide 35 for $100 delivered off ebay, psyched, my buddy loves his

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next