Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Newbies unite SEATTLE area
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 pm 

I might be able to go somewhere this next week as they say I'll be out on Monday!!!

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:38 pm 

Tours, tours galore this weekend. Saturday and Sunday if all goes according to plan. Not sure of the specifics yet, looking like Herman Saddle on Saturday and same general area sunday. Hit me up if you're interested!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:46 am 

Anyone know what the snowpack looks like right now? I'm hoping its consolidating and bonding nicely.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 am 

Washington Splitboarders; is why don't we form a group? Is there already one? I'm new to the area and splitboarding and really looking to get involved socially to make sure we all have viable partners when the conditions are right (and our schedules). Does anybody agree that it would be helpful to form a group here or start our own page? If you've been splitboarding this scene for a long time; imagine you moved to a new mountain; would you want to meet as many spliters as you could right away and get shown the good spots? OK then. I've never started a page on my own but I'm willing to learn if that is what is needed. :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:19 pm 

tresnow wrote:
Washington Splitboarders; is why don't we form a group? Is there already one? I'm new to the area and splitboarding and really looking to get involved socially to make sure we all have viable partners when the conditions are right (and our schedules). Does anybody agree that it would be helpful to form a group here or start our own page? If you've been splitboarding this scene for a long time; imagine you moved to a new mountain; would you want to meet as many spliters as you could right away and get shown the good spots? OK then. I've never started a page on my own but I'm willing to learn if that is what is needed. :thumpsup:

Sounds like a good idea. I found an easy way to meet people is to just go to the local spots and talk to others that are touring, if you can hang with them up and down, they'll be willing to exchange info. People out here get after it, and its a pretty tight knit community. Most of the hard cores know each other. turns all year is a good local website to link up with people as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:07 pm 

saign wrote:
tresnow wrote:

Sounds like a good idea. I found an easy way to meet people is to just go to the local spots and talk to others that are touring, if you can hang with them up and down, they'll be willing to exchange info. People out here get after it, and its a pretty tight knit community. Most of the hard cores know each other. turns all year is a good local website to link up with people as well.

Excellent. . think snow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:08 pm 

Tresnow, Im a little confused. Isn't a group what we have going here? Or did you mean a group similar to the Mountaineers except with for splitters / alpine tourers? I could definitely be down to get something like that going. I have enough web design experience to I need a lot more to make a reasonable web page haha.

If we could get enough people in, we could start up a non profit and try to hire in some instructors for Avy classes, pitch ourdoor gear manufacturers to give up the pro deal, etc. What can I say, I dream big :drool:

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:05 pm 

I'm thinking of going up to stevens with jbapple to ride inbounds.. maybe go early and check out the.coverage at heather ridge. :doobie:

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:04 pm 

d.benton_alabama wrote:
I'm thinking of going up to stevens with jbapple to ride inbounds.. maybe go early and check out the.coverage at heather ridge. :doobie:

You going tomorrow? I'm heading up tomorrow morning any maybe testing my skinning techniques if a lot of the lifts are still closed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:27 pm 

I'm likely going up to Stevens early tomorrow as well. Can anybody carpool me in the morning from Index Cafe on HWY 2?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:26 am 

I can go Friday morning early to heather ridge

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:14 pm 

Heather Ridge was rideable today. Any interest in going up tomorrow morning before it rains?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:11 am 

tresnow wrote:
Heather Ridge was rideable today. Any interest in going up tomorrow morning before it rains?

Were you over out on Heather? Looked decent up top, but the runouts near the bottom looked kinda sketchy on the Hwy 2 side.

I did a quick inbounds mission to the top of Hogs yesterday and back on the road by 10:30. Fun quick trip, first time on my split. I could get used to this, haha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next