Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: more sled info please
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:08 am 

mtnrider wrote:
:?: Track length? I'm 5'7", about 160 and my uncle is about the same a little lighter but he's 63. The guy said a 144" track would be better for him to ride and not get as fatigued throughout the day. I don't see him using his as much as myself but that hopefully will mean I can take both. hmmm...

I had a 600 144" before my 900 159", there is a huge difference. The 144" trenched pretty bad and got stuck way easier. However it was a lot lighter and easier to "throw around". Consider how you will be using the sled first, sounds to me like the 144" would work just fine.

Congrats and ejnjoy!

* you comin thru Washington at all? course it's a bit wet right now... :cry:

Edit: and to reduce thread drift... I just want a bunch of new snow :cry: :cry: :cry: I already have all the goods...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:40 am 

Thanks Drew for inviting all of us out to your beautiful state to sample some of your stashes in the Adirondacks. :wink: :wink: :wink:

BTW - Nice pics on TTips.

I'm getting soggy out here in Cali, so I'm hoping for some rain gear for Christmas. :cry:
[/quote]

Post subject: Re: more sled info please
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:59 am 

huFfer wrote:
* you comin thru Washington at all? course it's a bit wet right now... :cry:

Edit: and to reduce thread drift... I just want a bunch of new snow :cry: :cry: :cry: I already have all the goods...

I'm not sure yet what is going on. I'm dealing w/ a few places for the sleds. It will depend on how busy I will be at work. I'd like to do a tour up that way if time prevails. I definitely know I'll be up at the end of February thru the first 2 weeks of March. Most likely based out of Spokane/Sandpoint.

Keep 'em crossed for snow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:49 pm 

mtnrider:

I know a bunch of sledders in AK that get around just fine on 144" sleds - they're into boondocking (what you'll be doing to get to areas) and highmarking.

Myself, I ride the REV 800 151" in the group. It's a lot of machine but it takes me places I probably shouldn't go at my skill level. I just always figured that is how you build your skills. oh yah, I'm 5'10 bucksixtyfive and don't have too many problems with the size/weight of the sled.

Good luck with the purchase and get ready to have a blast getting out to the areas you're gonna split.

LaughingAtYouClowns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:55 pm 

One more thing, if those summits aren't the REV chassis make sure to get bar risers (if they don't already have them) when you're at the dealer. You can put 2" risers on most all sleds without having to replace brake(hydraulic lines) or throttle cables. Even just 2" risers will make a world of difference when standing.

If your gramps is gonna be riding with you I imagine he'll be standing at some point - a riser will be critical for him so he's not stressing out his back. You both should sit and stand on the sleds to see how both positions feel. Also, imagine having the 2" riser on the bars and compare how it would feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:56 pm 

for Christmas I would like two feet of fresh snow in the mountains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:56 pm 

Im changing my christmas wish list... I just got home and the coverage SUCKS! I meen wtf, colorado was having a great year so i was psyched to do some splittin back home when I got here, but theres now snow in site... so all I want for christmas is some decent coverage for the texas hill country :lol: . You people and your snow and riding....
-Barret

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:05 pm 

Why don't you Slednecks post some pics of these bad ass rides for us hippies to check out? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:02 pm 

bcrider wrote:
Why don't you Slednecks post some pics of these bad ass rides for us hippies to check out? :P

Here I'll try...I'm getting the 800 HO not the 1000 though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:25 pm 

LaughingAtYouClowns wrote:
for Christmas I would like two feet of fresh snow in the mountains.

"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:18 pm 

I got myself a new MTN Gun 161 8) and my lovely girlfriend got me a new Mountain Hardware jacket. Hell ya its been a good x-mas. Have a good weekend all :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:09 pm 

Hey MtnR- Have I ever told you how much I like you? You're such a nice guy and one hell of a splitter as well. And your Mtn biking skills are terrific. We should hang out sometime. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:14 pm 

bcrider wrote:

how does one go about that? Does the image really need to be uploaded to a web site before posting? come on bc rider, help a newbie out...[/img]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next