Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Odin/Zephyr vs. Abacus, and Arbor Quality in General?

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Odin/Zephyr vs. Abacus, and Arbor Quality in General?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:08 am 

Hey all. I'm looking to splurge on a new split this season, and have it pretty wall narrowed down to the Odin or the Abacus. Seeking some input on the two, and how they compare. I'm sure I would be psyched on either really, but I'm mainly interested in hearing about the quality/durability of the Abacus and Arbor in general. I'm not too familiar with their products. I'm hung up on whether to go with the tried and true, burly design of Venture, or try something new. While the price of the Abacus is attractive, the skeptic in me also wonders what Arbor was able to do with the design to knock of $200, as compared to the price of most other boards.

I don't know, I'd be psyched to hear any thoughts about either model. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Odin vs. Abacus, and Arbor Quality in General?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 am 

I ride a Venture and it's awesome. Be aware that the Odin is one of the stiffer boards out there, and quite damp. If you've ridden boards like this before you'll probably love it. I was just out last weekend with a friend on his new Odin for the first time, and he said he liked it, but the stiffness was hard to get used to.

I have a solid Abacus and that was always my go to solid for anything. I wish I got to ride it more, but I only had one lift day last season. If you want to know specifically about the Abacus split, check with bcrider. He rode a prototype all last season, and also said it was a great all around board. Since this is the first year Arbor is selling a factory split, reviews might be hard to come by this early in the season.

I'm getting a Abacus split later this season when I can afford it... 8)

Post subject: Re: Odin vs. Abacus, and Arbor Quality in General?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:44 pm 

Thanks for the info. I've changed my mind a bit, and am focusing more on the Zephyr and Abacus, instead of the Odin. Figure the Zephyr is a bit more of an all around board, suited more to the Wasatch than the Odin. Still having a hard time deciding between Venture and Arbor.

Post subject: Re: Odin/Zephyr vs. Abacus, and Arbor Quality in General?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:28 pm 

PSA: Venture Snowboards is selling demos and closeout boards on ebay.

see: Venture Snowboards - 11/12 Zephyr Splitboard 163/25

US $495.00 bid, Buy it Now bid $550.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Venture-Snowboards-11-12-Zephyr-Splitboard-163-25-/200847008827?pt=Snowboarding&hash=item2ec36a243b