Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tahoe Christmas week.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:32 am 

Well, I have officially taken off Christmas week to visit the pods in the Bay. I am planning on winding my way back to Colorado starting mid week and would like to hit Tahoe up for 2 or 3 days. Anyone going to be available to ride that week? I cut my teeth snowboarding at Homewood, but I have never done the bc around there and would love to get a tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:36 am 

The Tahoe Chapter is thick…I'm sure you'll find some partners to show you around. I wont be cleared by the doc by then for riding but I may be able to tag along for some of the skinning (and filming). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:45 pm 

You seem alright by me Killclimbz. I'll ride with ya. I usually get time off from Christmas through New Years. :D

Post again as we get closer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:07 pm 

bcrider wrote:
The Tahoe Chapter is thick…I'm sure you'll find some partners to show you around. I wont be cleared by the doc by then for riding but I may be able to tag along for some of the skinning (and filming). :)

I am down with that.

powderjunkie wrote:
You seem alright by me Killclimbz. I'll ride with ya. I usually get time off from Christmas through New Years. :D

Post again as we get closer.

Sweet!

I will definitely PM both of you as we get closer to that time of year. I am really stoked to ride some BC terrain around the 'hoe. It's been too long since I have been out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:19 pm 

Quote:
I usually get time off from Christmas through New Years

Me too. Maybe we could hit up some Carson Pass/Kirkwood BC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:01 pm 

Ecobrad wrote:
Quote:
I usually get time off from Christmas through New Years

Me too. Maybe we could hit up some Carson Pass/Kirkwood BC?

Sounds good. Maybe we should be making this a mini Tahoe fest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:27 pm 

Well in less than 48hrs I am headed out to Cali. Why didn't I do this last year? I am taking a week off Colorado keeps getting nuked and Cali conditions are just started to look worth it. I sort of gave up on the riding thing, so I invited the GF to come out as she was just going to hang out here by herself. Unfortunately she don't ski or ride. Sooooo, is it worth it for me to bring my snow gear? If I do go for it, is there a good place for my lady to hang out? I will almost be certainly making the journey back to Colorado after the BC day. Hmmm doesn't look good.
Salt Lake City better get hammered before January 27th...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:10 pm 

Killclimbz wrote:
Sooooo, is it worth it for me to bring my snow gear? If I do go for it, is there a good place for my lady to hang out?

Coverage should be fine but there's nothing but high density snow in the forecast. I'm sure you'd have fun but it definetly will not be Coloradoesque. I'd be suprised if you couldn't find a partner for a day though. What days are you available to ride?

Plenty for your gf to do if she's easily entertained-ice skating, movies, gambling, fishing, a bit of shopping, live shows, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:14 am 

Hey killz,

I would always bring my board if there was snow to be had but that's just me. :)

How about a little more info too…

Are you driving out or back, or both?
Are you only available for one day in Tahoe?
Would your GF be into snowshoeing (not riding)?

Eco and I are riding on the 26th, if you can swing it you should come along. Probably wont be the blower pow we'd like but it will be a day in the mountains nonetheless…and you cant go wrong there. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:24 am 

Hmmm, I am driving out tomorrow and I was thinking of possibly hitting up Tahoe around the 27th or 28th, then driving back to Colorado to make some New Years events. Probably just get a day in.
The GF might be interested in snowshoeing. She really doesn't have anything for winter gear, shoes, pants, suitable jacket. I have some things she can use and a pair of new snowboard (long story) that fit her. So if anyone had loaner gear for a size small girl that might work.
I met her rockclimbing, so that is how we are connected. I am going to bring some climbing gear to hit up Pinnacles if it's not raining. I haven't climbed there in 10 years.
So I am still on the fence on the issue if I want to bring my gear or not.

I haven't rode in Cali in such a long time, I am kind of bumming that I might come out and not make any turns. Sure the Colorado pow is phenomenal, but the type of terrain the Snow will stick to in Cali is sick. Also, the denser Cali snow makes for better landings than out here.
Ok, so I am leaning towards bringing my gear.
Sounds like the 26th is the best day for you guys, I don't think I can make that. I am running it through my head as to how I can make this work right now... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:01 am 

There might be a chance I can do the 27th or 28th. The may be a storm coming in on Monday so the following days could be good.

I might also be able to loan you a split but you'd need to bring your clothes and boots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:29 am 

Ok, I think I'll be bringing my gear. No problem bringing the board though it is beat to crap. I won't get my new one until after the 1st of the year. Any womens outerwear you might have access too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:15 am 

Killclimbz wrote:
Any womens outerwear you might have access too?

tons of stuff..........I'm built like a small woman. :shock: :wink: :P