Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Newbies unite SEATTLE area
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:45 pm 

That could work out well. I won't be able to go this next weekend because I'm getting my board made made into a split.

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:49 pm 

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 am 

Nice..

Thats backdrop sports, eh?

Is andy splitting your board for you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:31 pm 

Anyone want to hit up Muir on Saturday? The weather is looking decent (but cold!)

Id push the trip til sunday and go with d.benton but I do believe bad weather is suppose to move in and make things more difficult.

Anyone? Anyone? Come on, you know you want to!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:53 am 

Skins and LT brackets are finally here, my split is ready to go. I'd definitly be interested in a weekend mission in the next few weekends (as long as the snow keeps falling).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:22 pm 

@ ale_capone yes it is backdrop sports.. I got it cut with a water jet at a machine shop here in Everett for 80 bucks. But Andy is gonna install the inserts and all that with me. I just have to finish working off my karakorams... Woohoo one more day of work and I got some sick bindings :drool:

And for the future I am pretty much down to go up any day of the week saying that I'm getting out of the navy in about two weeks :doobie:

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:45 pm 

jgusa wrote:
Skins and LT brackets are finally here, my split is ready to go. I'd definitly be interested in a weekend mission in the next few weekends (as long as the snow keeps falling).

Next weekend? Conditions are looking decent, 3-12 inches falling today/tomorrow depending on elevation. I have to step up my game to get 50 tours in this season!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:04 pm 

Yo Jake let's plan something the week I get out.. I'll know an exact date later this week

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:43 pm 

You know I'm in. You have the number. Call me when you get the info and we are there!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:27 am 

yo

New to Seattle and splitting, though I've been snowboarding my whole life. Looking for a regular group for touring or even hitting Stevens or Crystal for lifties. I'm in West Seattle and would be more than down to carpool this season. I've just ordered avy gear and will be getting my split soon, so until then I get to read about your stupid plans to go on weekends and watch youtube videos of cascade backcountry. I will be going to the resort in the meantime to fill the void, so if groups are going up, I'd love to join.

Also if anyone climbs, I go to vert world in seattle, hit me up for a partner (5.12b and V7).

khu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:05 am 

Ok so who got stuck on Rainier last night? News is reporting two snowboarders stuck on Rainier overnight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:27 am 

Quote:
yo

New to Seattle and splitting, though I've been snowboarding my whole life. Looking for a regular group for touring or even hitting Stevens or Crystal for lifties. I'm in West Seattle and would be more than down to carpool this season. I've just ordered avy gear and will be getting my split soon, so until then I get to read about your stupid plans to go on weekends and watch youtube videos of cascade backcountry. I will be going to the resort in the meantime to fill the void, so if groups are going up, I'd love to join

Good deal. Keep watching the thread, and Ill keep posting when I get out. Im considering going out this weekend weather depending. Its looking like the going to drop some snow through the week but then the snow level is going to rise sometime between saturday and sunday. Also, the first week of December is a go as well.

Quote:
Ok so who got stuck on Rainier last night? News is reporting two snowboarders stuck on Rainier overnight.

No clue, but they must be new. We went up Saturday on a "Partly Sunny" day and lost vis, I can only imagine what it would be like in a blizzard. The best we can do is keep them in our thoughts. If there is one thing this teaches us it is to learn from the mistakes of others. You wont live long enough to make them all yourself!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:11 am 

DB Bama..

Congrats on your soon to be released date!

I was in backdrop sports on wednesday and checked your board out. that is a pretty smooth cut the water jet does. andy's a great guy and should do a fine job finishing it for you.... he pieced together an awesome old road bike for me this summer.

might try doing some meadow skipping in the stevens pass area this wens if anyone is interested.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next