Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I love carbon dioxide and support climate change.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:33 am 

Quote:
Your seriously gonna post a link to Fox News on SB.com? :roll:

Quote:
Fox News...always a source of purely unbiased climate related information :scratch:

That's hilarious - you wanna show me the news source that doesn't offer a bias - liberal or conservative? So - what - the quote is somehow non-factual? Sure, Fox probably reported the physicists comments & resignation due to their bias but it probably won't be reported on other outlets(ABC,CBS,NPR,Politico,etc,etc...) due to their liberal slant.

If you want to actually engage critical thinking skills is it best to eliminate sources of information? You may be willing to curtail your liberties for a false(at minimum theoretical) premise but I'll keep trying to open the door to question said theory. Probably is just :banghead: on here though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:08 am 

I don't put faith in any of the popular news media...better to do one's own research and reach your own conclusions than be 'spoon fed' someone else's (regardless of their agenda). My :twocents:

165 Venture Divide, Spark Franken-Burner, LaSportiva Spantik
163W Jones Solution, Phantom Alphas, Dynafit TLT5
162 Furberg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:42 pm 

Even if there is a lack of concrete evidence to support global warming, isn't that science anyway? Science is theoretical. We can shape and mold ideas in science and make assumptions that we know why something is the way it is. But hands on concrete I told you so evidence is hard to come by. Is the earth warming? Yes. Ice caps are melting, and the ozone hole is all fucked up. Sea levels are rising and L.A. and Bejing have smog (nature didn't put that smog there by the way). Other than smog can we prove that man is accelerating this phenomenon? We can assume. HOWEVER, as advocates for the outdoors shouldn't we be doing the best we can to preserve our beloved nature? Wasting water, supporting overseas trade, using plastic, burning unecessary amounts of fuel can all be avoided entirely or cut back on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:11 pm 

PedroDelfuego wrote:
You guys have convinced me, I am ready to sign up now;
http://www.sarahpac.com/
What other crazy shit can I dispute... 9/11... JFK assassination... Ronald Reagan is not the antichrist... am I missing anything else???

Ronald Reagan was a bold actor turned president that lead us out of the waste land of solar panels and wind turbines brother :doobie: :twocents: