Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kootenay Boundary Salmo Creston Pass splitters
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:41 am 

Partners wanted anytime(especially mid-week), any level male and female. Must have avy gear. International crowd, USA/Canadian riders, all welcome, I am only 20 km from the BC/Idaho/Washington Border. Don't waste your time looking for the Powder, I know every approach and descent in the area. Free overnight cabins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:19 pm 

was up at ripple ridge with my girlfriend for full moon a few nights back .
awesome!! ... been a few years since we've been there... got a chance to test out my new homemade split aswell, super pleased with it, couldn't believe how well the home made worked.
anyways based in nelson for at least the winter. i'm geared up for touring, avy gear, overnights etc, love the area and super keen to explore. midweek trips r good with me. hitching up that way has been the mode of transport which can sometimes make it tricky for exact time and place. regardless be cool to hook up with yourself and others and mission the area! :D

Post subject: Mighty...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:10 pm 

Mighty B-horn. I'm down for this Friday or anytime over the holiday weekend. Let me know what's up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:44 pm 

Friday is looking real good, i'll probably head up Wednesday and keep riding intil it stops snowing, might even ride Christmas day if it's good. Baz, if you can make to Salmo I'd be happy to give you a ride up the pass.

Post subject: #
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:07 pm 

B-horn. Do you have a phone number or where and when should we meet? My email address is evile123@hotmail.com.

I'm down for Friday or over the holiday weekend too.

If you still have access to the cabin let me know. I'd rather drive up Thursday night for an early start- if not then no worries.

Stoked!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:00 pm 

Might be tough finding a spot even on the cabin floor, being the holidays and all. I'll probably avoid the Ripple Ridge cabin and give the out of towners the space for Christmas. There is also the Waldie Lake Cabin, it's more remote and kind of mousy, but still a good spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:23 am 

i'm up for something this friday, friday night. my email is bazandcass101@yahoo.com

maybe this poor weather is the best thing for the snowpack however much it sucks :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:47 pm 

Hey, I'm in Moscow ID and often get into some BC outside of Sandpoint. When up there, Salmo is real close. Maybe this upcoming season? I'd be interested to know some more about those cabins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:07 pm 

Sure thing. I'm not quite so available this season, weekends and holidays are about all I got. The Cabins are first come first serve, one is public and operated by the the Ministry of Forests. The others are private cabins built on the public domain, basically squats, but are also open first come first serve. The private cabins are secret, but if you can prove yourself I'm happy you show you around. There is also real cheap accommodation in Ymir, which is also only 25 minutes to Whitewater. I've been training real hard, lots of cardio and weights, so any days I do get this winter are going to be all out. The snow is falling in the Pass right now, so if you think you can keep up with me, we can get together from some pow hopefully by the US Thanksgiving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:01 am 

Hey Bighorn,

I typically hang with the best of em, and have never been known to slow anyone down. Usually I am the wicked stepchild with a bunch of fast tele and At skiers, and try as they might, they can't ditch me. So consequently, I'm usually in a group with 3-4. This winter we will all be Av 2 certified also.

If your thinking of going out, keep me in mind. Later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:39 pm 

Whoa, I just re-read that post. I sure can come off being arrogant. I guess I just get too enthusiastic this time of year. But it's always good to meet riders who are serious and ready to giv'er. But really I'm ready to ride with anyone who is prepared and ready to rip. Endo, I'll send you some photos. We've got some mind blowing terrain here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:48 am 

Hey no prob. Pics would be good. ARe you in the states or across the border? I've got a lodging connection in Sandpoint near the pack river. I'm getting anxious to fire my new gun... mtn gun that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:11 pm 

I am 100% Canadian, but I ride with lots of Americans. I'm just north of the border. In fact the Salmo Creston Pass only about 3 km from the BC/Idaho/Washington Boundary, hence the name Kootenay Boundary. Probably half my riding partners are out of Montana, Sandpoint or Spokane. It's all good,I spent about 6 seasons riding Mt Baker, so I'm all about the international thing. So long as nobody gets political, everybody gets along. Bring your Mt gun, but leave the real pistols at home, and no, I can't hook you up with any weed...

Post an e-mail adress, or e-mail me at Td_campbell@hotmail.com , and i'll send you some photos.