Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Newbies unite SEATTLE area
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:41 am 

Everyone that is interested should sign up fire mt bakers aiare level 1 avy course. I plan on taking it in january with a few from this thread so we can get used to touring together.

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:24 am 

d.benton_alabama wrote:
Everyone that is interested should sign up fire mt bakers aiare level 1 avy course. I plan on taking it in january with a few from this thread so we can get used to touring together.

Specifically which course are you talking about. From there AIARE website, it shows a couple of courses in JAN. Would anyone be interested in an course earlier than that? Possibly November 30 or December 13? I am at the point where I want to take the course eary to get the most out of the season. My GF is moving out from the east coast in Jan and she is a new snowboarder. I plan on being at the mountains most weekends...a day with her, a day with who ever touring :)! All that being said it would be difficult to escape for 3 days after Christmas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 pm 

It all depends on your current knowledge. If you have no prior educatin do the aiare level 1. I'm doing mine out of baker as of right now because the stevens pass course holds 2 of the 3 days training in leavenworth which is a good ways for me to drive back and forth. If anyone wants I would be wiling to split a hotel room for the course length. Ill have dec 28th - jan 13th off of works so I'm looking into one right after christmas.

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:08 am 

I think a bunch of my buddies and I will be taking the level 1 class through Northwest Mountain School January 11th-13th. We'll probably be renting a cabin between Leavenworth and Stevens for the weekend as well. If anyone else is interested, shoot me a PM. It'd be awesome to get a bunch of us together for this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:16 am 

So far as I can tell I'll be there

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:22 pm 

ill be heading out for an avi course. im trying to get the course with jgusa and his friends on jan 11th-13th but i may have to be back at work on jan 11th. but ill see if i can make up some excuse for that friday so i can have a 3 day weekend lol. :scratch:

Karakoram SL30's

Post subject: Explore this weekend
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:07 am 

Conditions are starting to look promissing. Does anyone want to get out this weekend? Crystal, Muir, Snoqualmie, Stevens? I have a forest pass and a 4x4!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:42 pm 

mmmmmm i would love to go actually. i have to work on sunday so ill have to convince my fiance to let me abandon her on saturday lmao... i got all my gear and im anxious to get some turns in.

i think baker would be better because of the coverage. i saw a pic on facebook of heliotrope ridge that was taken yesterday that almost made me jizz myself.. so im pretty stoked to go if i can.

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151077460856456&set=a.442647101455.246133.598086455&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_reply/img]

:bow:

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:47 pm 

screwed that last pic post up...

:bow:

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:48 pm 

PM Replied to. I know that Twin Lakes has a decent amount of coverage (so I assume most of the upper elevation) does as well. We could head up towards artists point and ride down to the parking lot. The road is closed so we would have to skin up obviously.

I KNOW that Muir has good snow (check out the Rainier webcams). I am slightly worried that the snow might be so powdery at baker that we could scrape down to ground if we arn't careful. Either way, Im good with whatever. Just lets get out and go somewhere!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:52 pm 

Well let's go to Muir snowfield then I'm down.. Ive never been to muir before ... Have you?

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:39 am 

considering a Muir tour soon myself, maybe this weekend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:16 am 

d.benton and I are going out this weekend. As of last night, we were leaning toward heliotrope ridge near Baker. One point he brought up is Avalanche possibilties up there...We both have (or will acquire by saturday) all the Ava gear, but given my lack of experience I would perfer to shy away from crazy stuff unless we have somone with us that really knows what going on. The nice thing about Muir is the rangers will be right at the Paradise and should have some good avalanche advice (how stable is the Slab, conditions of the week etc).

Given that information, I am leaning more towards Muir. If we could get other people interested as well, that could definitly sway the decision. What do you guys think?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next