Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: PDX Splitters unite!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:02 pm 

$500 for a pass, or a brand new splitboard.....? :drool: Seriously?

Or $500 worth of Rainier? That might get me through November... :guinness:

Y'all should say FUCK SKI RESORTS and their babylon lift lines and tracked out runs and go BC-only this season. :twocents:

Can't wait to get out with y'all again this year! I think a few of us are going to go fuck around on Palmer next weekend if anyone is dying for some October turns... and a spliffer at 9,000 feet never hurt anyone. Much. :doobie:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:54 am 

Last night I watched the rain puddles collect on my patio. A deep sense of depression passed through me. That was an epic summer! It's football and drinking until the snow levels come down. Put on my winter layer in SE Portland bars. Cocktails, tasty beer, fried food, and touchdowns.

But I'm ready for some turns! Haven't been on the Split since July 4th. When you guys hit it please let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:59 am 

I made the mistake of purchasing a season pass the first year I started splitting. I only used it three times for the entire season. $400 down down the drain :cry: I did one resort day during the week this past season and it sucked ass. There were some decent areas at meadows to drop in, but it's freaking crowded. I was getting ready to drop in this nice area in the trees and five f*#k3rs show up out of nowhere asking me which line I was going to take. I rather deal with the pain and sweat in the backcountry before riding at the resort again. Save your money, a few powder days will get you hooked. On the other hand, I think it would be ok if you were spending many family days at the resort...

Mark

Dude, I should of hit you up two weeks ago. Morgan and I got some nice turns on palmer. Snow was pretty decent and buttery, but it's probably shitty by now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:09 pm 

Good points all around - i think im gonna skip the pass this yr. definitely down to fuck around on palmer jefe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:05 pm 

imitationfunk wrote:
That was an epic summer!

Hell yeah it was. If it was a river in Oregon, I probably swam in it. So much backpacking and camping, fishing and generally chilling and soaking up the sun. Best summer ever! Hope you all got sum too!

But it seems winter is back. Snow level at 4-5k this weekend...and freezin ass temps! Heh heh.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Ti ... e/6day/top

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:06 pm 

rode the palmer yesterday on a couple inches of new snow. it was worth it! there will be plenty to have a good time on after this weekend...

also did a bit of ice climbing while we were up there on white river glacier.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:07 pm 

Also anyone who hasnt seen this thread yet viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14017 Kyle Miller is giving a presentation at next adventure on nov 8th. hope to see you all there!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:06 am 

SNOW!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:47 pm 

I'm new to the forum but I'm heading to Palmer in the morning (Sunday). Probably leave Portland around 6:30 if anyone wants a ride.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:31 pm 

dancoe13 wrote:
I'm new to the forum but I'm heading to Palmer in the morning (Sunday). Probably leave Portland around 6:30 if anyone wants a ride.

Was pretty fun, eh? Great conditions for rocktober... nice to get a little early taste of winter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:32 am 

Jefe009 wrote:
dancoe13 wrote:

Was pretty fun, eh? Great conditions for rocktober... nice to get a little early taste of winter.

For sure! Pretty epic day considering we where rocking shorts a couple weeks ago. I found a couple super-fluffy spots.

Thanks for tip on the line up! Smooth travels. Was definitely feeling the early season burn by the time I got to the top of Magic Mile. Bourbon on Saturday night probably didn't help ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:24 pm 

Shredows today:

My highest appreciation goes out to the simple rider whos out there just for the experience. Taking in the mountains rates even higher to me than the mark we make on them, and the people who do that the best are the ones I most wish to emulate

CK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:03 pm 

dudes come down to next adventure tonight to check out the kyle miller presentation!!!

7pm

corner of stark and and grand SE portland!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 39  Next