Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: PDX Splitters unite!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:38 pm 

Thanks for the advice Jefe!

I definitly don't like "soft" boards, but have seemed to do ok with medium flexing boards. I really would like something with a decent amount of taper as IMO that is the biggest factor to increase float vs. length/camber style/etc.

My highest appreciation goes out to the simple rider whos out there just for the experience. Taking in the mountains rates even higher to me than the mark we make on them, and the people who do that the best are the ones I most wish to emulate

CK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:26 am 

If you like taper, check this thing out. I've never ridden one, but it looks cool... and is on sale for a helluva deal.

http://www.rei.com/product/822694/prior ... d-20112012

They make one more board called the Fissle which is even more heavily tapered too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:14 pm 

Jefe009 wrote:
If you like taper, check this thing out. I've never ridden one, but it looks cool... and is on sale for a helluva deal.

http://www.rei.com/product/822694/prior ... d-20112012

They make one more board called the Fissle which is even more heavily tapered too.

The Spearhead is a steal at that price. To me, the Spearhead is a better do everything board. After riding both boards I bought the Spearhead. It handled in variable conditions better but the Fissle wins in the tight trees.

Check out the Kyhber too. Lots of taper in it too and you might be able to find one used. The specs are really similar to the Lib Tech Mullet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:37 am 

Hey PDX Homies,

Still haven't got out for any September turns, and am hoping to keep my streak alive! Is anyone interested in getting out on Hood this week or weekend?

Holla at me if you is interested!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:50 am 

Burton's 13 Movie is playing tonight at 8pm at The Triple Nickel in SE PDX. I plan on going after work tonight.

Hood River Hops Fest is on Saturday 12-9. Tasty beers from all over the PNW and country to enjoy!

My highest appreciation goes out to the simple rider whos out there just for the experience. Taking in the mountains rates even higher to me than the mark we make on them, and the people who do that the best are the ones I most wish to emulate

CK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:10 am 

[quote="passing gas"]Burton's 13 Movie is playing tonight at 8pm at The Triple Nickel in SE PDX. I plan on going after work tonight.[quote]

Nice, some of us are going as well. Cya down there. Elliot is probably the most recognizable of us, he's a tall Australian guy. Come say hi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:18 pm 

Jefe009 wrote:
passing gas wrote:
Burton's 13 Movie is playing tonight at 8pm at The Triple Nickel in SE PDX. I plan on going after work tonight.
Quote:

Nice, some of us are going as well. Cya down there. Elliot is probably the most recognizable of us, he's a tall Australian guy. Come say hi

Rad! I look forward to meeting you Jefe! I am an atypically "shaped" snowboarder, 6'1", 240lbs. Shaved head. I will have a RED Tee-shirt and black shorts, hopefully will have a cocktail or two in my clutches.

CK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:01 pm 

Movie was good, sorry I didn't see you guys! I got there around 8:15, movie was already playing. Hung out around the bar, drank a couple beers, chatted with the B rep.

Anyway, looking for my 1st split setup still. Do any of you guys use Karakoram or Spark R&D bindings?

CK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:15 pm 

passing gas wrote:
Anyway, looking for my 1st split setup still. Do any of you guys use Karakoram or Spark R&D bindings?

Yeah I got there early and had many Rainiers before the movie started, so if you saw some dude swaying, that was probably me. :guinness:

I like my Sparks. I hear K's are good too once you get used to them, they are pretty expensive tho.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:44 pm 

you guys gettin resort passes this year? whereat? i cant decide whether to get one

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:37 pm 

spnce wrote:
you guys gettin resort passes this year? whereat? i cant decide whether to get one

Hey Spencer,

This is my opinion on Mt. Hood's resort options.

Good Things:
Meadows = Best terrain
T-Line = Best parks
SkiBowl = Best sidecountry

Bad Things:
Meadows = CRAZY crowds & yuppie resort folk
T-Line = Flat
SkiBowl = Low elevation

I haven't decided if I am going to buy a pass either, It is a hard decision because the best option isn't clear. I had a Meadows pass last year, and in my opinion, this is slightly the best choice due to having the best terrain. The crowds are a real bummer though. Too bad Mt. Bachelor is also flat, otherwise I'd tell you to go there... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:59 am 

ShredOR wrote:
spnce wrote:

Hey Spencer,

This is my opinion on Mt. Hood's resort options.

Good Things:
Meadows = Best terrain
T-Line = Best parks
SkiBowl = Best sidecountry

Bad Things:
Meadows = CRAZY crowds & yuppie resort folk
T-Line = Flat
SkiBowl = Low elevation

I haven't decided if I am going to buy a pass either, It is a hard decision because the best option isn't clear. I had a Meadows pass last year, and in my opinion, this is slightly the best choice due to having the best terrain. The crowds are a real bummer though. Too bad Mt. Bachelor is also flat, otherwise I'd tell you to go there... :lol:

FWIW, The CRAZY crowds & yuppy resort folk are all realative. Go to Breckenridge on a weekend and you will think differently about shredows.

Also, I typically ride shredows Mon-Fri when most other people are at work, and pretty much have the place to myself ; )

Only typically go on the weekend to take my son up to practice on the magic carpet.

Full shredows pass for me.

Agree that T-line has better parks, but is flat. And SKibowl is RAD if the snowlevel is low.

Come find me at Meadows. Likely to find me in 5 bowl, Jacks, PR, or Fright Trees.

CK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:51 pm 

Passing Gas,

I agree with you that riding meadows midweek and knowing where to go, it can be epic. I was guessing that Spencer is going to be limited to weekend shredding and I simply wanted to warn him that on the weekend Meadows can mean traffic and long lift lines. I guess its not bad if you are comparing it to Breck shenanigans and driving home I-70 on the weekend, but Meadows is not Breckenridge, or in Colorado.
I spent 5 hours driving to denver from Breck on a sunday. :banghead:

Growing up at Meadows I've noticed the crowds have been getting progressively worse. I guess this makes me picky and sometimes I give Meadows a bad rap, but most of their employees do act like they have a foot up their ass. Anyways, good luck spnce!

:guinness:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 39  Next