Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: burton heel riser parts? anybody?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:02 pm 

was out in the bc today and the little plastic cover that holds the climbing bar onto the bottom of the interface broke...left me sol on the fairlky steep hike up, so i locked together and went down abandoning my plans for the day. got home and called burton, and got a csr that didn't seem to have a clue. he said that they don't have the little plastic cover that bolts onto the bottom of the interface and that you can't get the part. he said the only way to fix it was a whole new interface, but the kicker is, they don't have any more...all gone. and seeing as how they aren't making it anymore, i probably won't ever be able to get one. this left me very very urked...especially since the only reason i want the part is so i can sell this thing and buy a prior. so as far as burton is concerned, it looks like i have exhausted my options. does anybody have an old broken interface laying around that might have that little plastic piece intact. i would really appreciate it if somebody could help out. i just wanna get rid of this poor excuse for a backcountry tool and buy something solid. i have tried to avoid burtons products (except bindings) for a while now because of this very reason, and this only reinforces my resolution not to buy their boards in the future.
chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:49 pm 

pm me your address. :)

Post subject: burton heel risers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:22 pm 

Im in the exact same boat. Last season I wore down the cheap plastic on the riser cover so the riser wouldn't stay in position. I talked the Burton "customer service" guy into not charging me $80 to replace the entire interface (The plastic part can't cost more than a buck, but Burton does not have these available by themselves). Unfortunately, The plastic has been wearing down on the other interface and its just a matter of time until this one doesn't work. I've recently tried calling Burton several times, but can't get through to anybody competent enough to deal with this. If the plastic is on well enough, you can slip a rubber band around the toe of the interface and back around the heel riser. It's a shame that this is the best fix for a $900 setup. I've got the same plan for gettin a
Prior, but good luck selling that Pinto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:13 am 

You guys need to ask them for the full “climbing barâ€Â