Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spark Edison Binding
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 pm 

HansGLudwig wrote:
The price is still TBD but I have heard from a number of sources they'll come in on a par with Karakorem; i.e. $600-$800.

Souns pretty worth it to me....sure its expensive but it is an entire interface.....touring brackets, Pins, what looks like heel risers, Bindings, and the bracket that they attach to.. A voile interface kit+price of lightrail bindings is about $400, I think itis quite reasonalble

Burton Freebird/spark blazes/ burton ruler boots

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:39 pm 

wasatchfreeride84093 wrote:
HansGLudwig wrote:
The price is still TBD but I have heard from a number of sources they'll come in on a par with Karakorem; i.e. $600-$800.

Souns pretty worth it to me....sure its expensive but it is an entire interface.....touring brackets, Pins, what looks like heel risers, Bindings, and the bracket that they attach to.. A voile interface kit+price of lightrail bindings is about $400, I think itis quite reasonalble

The only thing is that I like the Karakoram's because you don't have to take the binding of when going from ride to tour mode. I wish the Edison did the same but it does not look like it.

Karakoram is halfway there. I'm just waiting from when you can go from tour to ride mode without taking the binding of.

K2 Panoramic 158
Lib Tech TRS 154 solid
BD Traverse poles
Mammut Barryvox Pulse
Oakley Airbrake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:22 pm 

Swedish-banana wrote:
I'm just waiting from when you can go from tour to ride mode without taking the binding of.

I bet if you practiced in your living room, you could.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:48 am 

ya you can definitely go through multiple transitions without taking your bindings off your boots i have done it on a couple of tours this year and i am still not perfect at it but at the tryst lake chutes near banff it sure is nice as its only 20-30 minutes between the transitions once you arrive. you just have to make sure that you are still able to clean both sides of the interface and it works great

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:18 pm 

I wonder if they will sell an edison upgrade kit? like just the "pucks' (or what ever they should be called) and the baseplates to the bindings...I just bought blazes this year and I dont want to break the bank

Burton Freebird/spark blazes/ burton ruler boots

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 pm 

I was all over the Edison until I saw that Karakoram has a heel lock in split mode. If edison comes out with a heel lock that's the way I'll go, otherwise I'm going Karakoram.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:50 am 

I just sold my 2012 burners - I've been pretty happy with them (beside the bent LT pin while touring on hard pack with crampons) and I was going to go for the karakorams until I talked to a the few people who had the system this year and tried one for 2 days...

On paper, the system looked great, a real splitboard interface from scratch, it sounded light but as every new system, it has its drawbacks, parts breaking, not as comfortable as the sparks or voile bindings...

Then I heard of the spark edisson which look promising...

Then I remembered the beginning of spark, fuse bindings breaking, low quality straps etc.

This year, I just wanna be able to use my splitboard without fearing a problem because of a new, untested system... I guess I'll wait one more season, until then I'm going with the 2013 burners...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:03 pm 

wasatchfreeride84093 wrote:
I wonder if they will sell an edison upgrade kit? like just the "pucks' (or what ever they should be called) and the baseplates to the bindings...I just bought blazes this year and I dont want to break the bank

I suspect that you will do better financially by purchasing a complete Edison set up, and then selling your Blazes on the used market (unless you have trashed them). The Blaze is still a really good binding, and selling it complete with a set of pucks should get you some decent money.
I suspect much of the cost of the Edison is in the baseplates and "pucks/interface plate".

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:22 pm 

Its getting to be that time... what is the latest and greatest with the Edison system? Any word on when it will be available? System details and features? Pricing? Etc?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm 

I really like the edison interface too? Any idea on the range of binding angles are allowed with the system?

Please make a hardboot version!

Yes I have read the other thread too.

price sounds reasonable.....

please ....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:32 pm 

spark press release including info on the edison interface and other upgrades for 2013

--------

This November will mark the 5th anniversary since our very first splitboard binding was sold. Those of you following us from our humble beginnings on splitboard.com probably remember the Ignition I binding. We remember shipping off our first package – in a re-used Bent Metal box from the straps and highbacks we were using at the time, covered liberally with duct tape to lucky #1 on the waiting list. We’ve come a long way, learned a ton, and have stayed true to our original values: rider owned and operated, dedicated to pushing innovation in the sport of splitboarding. So a huge thank you and fist bump to everyone who has supported us along the way!

For the 2012/13 season, we’re pumped to offer our best products yet. Both our Blaze and Burner splitboard bindings shaved significant weight from redesigns, dropping 8 screws and four parts per pair by changing how our toe straps attach. The Blaze Splitboard Binding drops even more weight with machined cut outs in the baseplate – the lightest binding we’ve ever produced. The Burner Splitboard binding, Backcountry Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award Winner for the second year in a row, keeps its solid baseplate and adds a wider ankle strap and toe cap strap for maximum support at mach speed. Both bindings have straps, plastics, and buckles designed by Spark R&D and manufactured by Burton – the industry’s leader in quality, performance and durability. New for this year we are offering skins with a brand new high traction material by G3 with our splitboard specific tailclips attached. Our Mr. Chomps crampons also got a makeover with weight saving cutouts and serrated teeth for even more chomp. Along with these changes, we keep our line of accessories with seasonal upgrades to: the LT Pin System, tailclip retrofits, the Spark strappy strap, and backcountry kits.

And of course, you’re probably eager to hear about the progress we’ve made with the Edison Interface since we showcased its prototype at SIA and ISPO. The Edison is the summation of our years of experience in the backcountry and the factory. In case you missed it, our new interface design provides the fastest transition between ride mode and touring mode, and solves one of the biggest complaints of splitboarders … adjustability. Stance width and angles are easily adjusted independently and quickly to get your split setup ‘just right’. Light weight is maintained and moving parts are kept to just two. Not to mention, it works with factory splitboards, DIY splitboards (using original factory inserts) and solid boards (!).

The Edison is on its 5th rendition now and we will continue to tweak and finalize the design by SIA and ISPO tradeshows in Jan 2013. We will have a limited number of beta sets available for select pros later this season. Edison protos will not be released to the general public this time around. Looking down the pipeline, the Edison will be available to the splitboarding community as a limited edition for the 13/14 season. Stay tuned!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:44 pm 

DOH!
Ive been holding out waiting for these to be released all southern hemi winter, now its going to be another year :-(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:05 pm 

Quote:
Looking down the pipeline, the Edison will be available to the splitboarding community as a limited edition for the 13/14 season.

..... http://bit.ly/O7FgkJ ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next