Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mt. Adams summit ride 7/21
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:13 pm 

It's still there for the gettin, and the gettin is good. One long day -- 6700 feet of vertical, who knows how many miles (14+ for sure), some mild bushwhacking and 14 hours car to car. One of my fave tours of the year, and it's almost August!

Chronic, dialing in the nav while our destination looms overhead.

Alpenglow over Mt. Hood. Why would I live anywhere else in the world than the PNW?

Lunch counter, 9000 feet. 2500 feet of bootpack hell awaits. Fortunately it's not very steep.

False summit, Piker's Peak. Poor spnce would go on to lose his DSLR in the rocks here....

Gotta push on for the last 800 feet to the summit.

ShredOR reppin like a ninja on the summit block.

Looking north to Rainier

The snow off the summit was crappy and chunky. Once we were back at the false summit tho, that all changed. I'd been hearing for years about the SW Chute, and we charged it. Sorry no riding pics, I was just having way too much fun.

Looking up the SW Chute. One of the classic WA ski lines, first skiied in the 1930s. One of my fave lines for this season. 3000 feet of pure bliss. And really good snow!

The options are dwindling this time of year for touring, so I was glad to get this one in. The inner nostril sunburn was totally worth it! :thumpsup:

Post subject: Re: Mt. Adams summit ride 7/21
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 pm 

good job guys, strong crew, wish i was there with you guys. on a related note, snowdome is going to be good for a while and cloud cap road is now open. PNW pride! holdin it down in p-town.

i think i am finally going to stop touring every week on my days off. time to backpack with beers, buds and the dog. rock climbing. im still gonna get out for august and sept to complete my T-A-Y this year. hit me up dudes if you want to get out in august!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:50 pm 

Nice! I hiked up Silver Star in WA on Saturday with a ladyfriend. Hung out at the top for awhile checking out all the snowy volcanoes. Was looking over at Adams and wondering about it, great to find out you guys were ripping it up at the same time. I also could see the profile of snowdome and was wondering about Cloud Cap rd. I need to get a July tour in... Anyone up for driving up and camping next weekend?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:20 am 

Nice work and way to get after it! Would have loved to make it up there for a tour with you guys......glad you hit it in good conditions.......sucks about the camera though...

www.splitboardoregon.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:53 pm 

Nice Jefe! You gotta solid crew that still gets after it! Lookin forward to touring with you guys next year.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:28 pm 

aksltxlt wrote:
Nice Jefe! You gotta solid crew that still gets after it! Lookin forward to touring with you guys next year.

For sure Aaron, we'll have to come down your way and you can show us some spots! We'll roll deep with a crew of sweaty dudes, growlers of homebrew and a bunch of hairy women. :rock: