Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Hardboot specific binding

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hardboot specific binding
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:51 pm 

Every photo builds the stoke---looking great!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:45 am 

I've seen these beauties in person, please make sure I'm on the list for a pair.

As an early adopter, do I get a free trucker hat? Is anyone working on the "Keffler Industries" logo? Can't make the design and manufacturing department do all the marketing as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:55 am 

Gorgeous profile photo. I love minimalist design. "What else can I remove?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:56 pm 

Keffler, is there anyway to get your design to fit a 23 mondo TLT5? That is the size that Rebecca wears.

Thanks, Buell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:20 pm 

buell wrote:
Keffler, is there anyway to get your design to fit a 23 mondo TLT5? That is the size that Rebecca wears.

Thanks, Buell

I have future plans to make small/medium bindings, but wanted to wait until these bindings got out there as I felt like the range is pretty good as is, but as you found out, not small enough.

Either way, I don't think I can get to this for the first round. If things work out, maybe we will do another round of production mid-season and I could try to feed in the small/medium design.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:44 pm 

Simply Awesome Bindings! I too love the minimalist design.

Is there any chance the plate will experience metal fatigue or stress?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:25 pm 

keffler wrote:
buell wrote:

Thanks, Buell

I have future plans to make small/medium bindings, but wanted to wait until these bindings got out there as I felt like the range is pretty good as is, but as you found out, not small enough.

Either way, I don't think I can get to this for the first round. If things work out, maybe we will do another round of production mid-season and I could try to feed in the small/medium design.

The range is definitely impressive. I look forward to seeing how the adjustment system functions. Rebecca will be anxiously awaiting one for a 23 mondo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:13 pm 

Quote:
The range is definitely impressive. I look forward to seeing how the adjustment system functions. Rebecca will be anxiously awaiting one for a 23 mondo.

I would be interested, if one could use the existing screw hole pattern from the Burton Race Plate. So that existing I could use my Race plate binding toe and heel pieces.

Or could we just send you a distance of the bails (distance from the toe bail-hinge to heel bail-hinge, or the distance of the toe-puck screw to heel puck screw from the Burton Race Plate) from a Burton race Binding and forgo the adjustment of the binding.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:00 pm 

Powder_Rider wrote:
Quote:

I would be interested, if one could use the existing screw hole pattern from the Burton Race Plate. So that existing I could use my Race plate binding toe and heel pieces.

Or could we just send you a distance of the bails (distance from the toe bail-hinge to heel bail-hinge, or the distance of the toe-puck screw to heel puck screw from the Burton Race Plate) from a Burton race Binding and forgo the adjustment of the binding.

I tried to make the system work with the Burton Race Plate toe and heel plates, but couldn't, bummer, I know. You are welcome to fiddle around with it if you like, but I don't think it will be worth the cost savings and pretty sure what I have will be a tad bit lighter, plus I think it would be better if you have the toe and heel plates that are designed for the system for a few other reason which you will see later. Trying to put an end to the franken-hardboot bindings we are use to in the past. However, the design is based around the bails (because they are solid, light and proven) so if you have the bails, you are going to save some cash! The way I account for different boot sizes and cants does not increase the part count!

I can't wait to show you guys the design, and thank you for being patient, but in the mean time, feel free to keep asking questions. Not trying to tease you guys just want to get the word out early so people can get stoked. I will need to have everyone pre-order (which means pre-pay) as there is no way I can cover all the costs up front. Don't worry, you will see what the full design is before that is necessary. Pictures, videos, etc.

For those of you who live in the front range, I'm thinking of have a party at my house once I get all the paperwork in order, costing done, etc and have the first "production" run design in my hands. If you are interested, please PM me and I'll send you an email when everything is ready.

Thank you for all the encouraging words and here's to a good season :guinness: :drinks:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:11 pm 

Sweet!

Looking forward to more info :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:16 pm 

Powder_Rider wrote:
Is there any chance the plate will experience metal fatigue or stress?

Anything is possible. I've broken a soft boot splitboard binding in a way the manufacture's said was impossible. Chances are it was a material defect in the raw aluminum alloy. I was nice about it and they sent me a new part. No worries, things happen. We are, after all, in fairly young, technically speaking, sport. Hopefully, those that do buy this system will also be kind to me if something does break. Reality is, when something does break.

However, the binding plate does not flex much so I doubt this will be an issue. I will do my best of course to fix any issues and want you to be pleased with what you get, but please remember that I'm just a rider who is trying to pass along what I came up with. If that scares you off, then bummer, but I'm not going to hide the truth of the matter from anyone. No matter how much testing I do, the first year will always be a prototype year. This goes for lots of proven industries. However, I hope people can appreciate that when they do buy something that is in its infant state, they are helping to grow and mature that industry. Hopefully this comes across right too you guys. Not tying to ranting and really appreciate the questions, just trying to do my best to be open about what's up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:19 pm 

buell wrote:

Thanks, Buell

If there are more of you out there who have a smaller boot ( Mondo 25 or less) and are interested, please PM me. The more people I have on that list the more motivation I have to get that design done and out there for you guys and gals.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:33 pm 

Wasatch_Don wrote:
I've seen these beauties in person, please make sure I'm on the list for a pair.

As an early adopter, do I get a free trucker hat? Is anyone working on the "Keffler Industries" logo? Can't make the design and manufacturing department do all the marketing as well.

You ain't seen nothing yet. At least that's what I hope you say when you see the new design! You guessed it, I'm swamped and just trying to tread water to get this all setup for this season. If I do get trucker hats made up, you be first in line, :thumpsup: Right now all I care about is getting you guys the highest quality binding I can build so you will have a big smile on your face all season long. Binding name, company name etc can wait, and who really cares if the product sucks anyways.

:neutral: phew, any more questions out there?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next