Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JUST GOT MY FIRST BOARD
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:04 pm 

While browsing through the classifieds here, I stumbled on a post about blemished mojo rx splitboards for sale cheap on the TGR forum and found the offer I couldn't refuse. 299 for a brand new factory blemished mojo rx 171 shipped...Ill take it. I am from NC, but just moved to Washington for a job so I am super excited to get into the snow. I knew I wanted to get a splitboard, I was just scared off by the price. Now I have a decent board to give this sport a try. If anyone in the Seattle area wants to get out this winter, hit me up. I am a noob as far as backcountry boarding goes, but I have years of backpacking/camping/hiking/snowboarding experience.

On a side note, does anyone have an recommendations about bindings? Looks like I can get the plate and use my regular bindings or get some Voile light rails for a reasonable price? Spark and Karokorum (? sp) are probably a little more that I want to spend until I get into the sport!

Post subject: Re: JUST GOT MY FIRST BOARD
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:46 pm 

Nice price, good score. My first board was a RX too. Can't really think of a better first splitboard.

Browse around the forum, the Seattle dudes tend to be pretty active in the 'Partners Wanted' subforum, I think there's even a 'Seattle Noob' thread.

Washington and Oregon have volcanoes that allow year-round splitting, so get out there this summer and git sum! Most people start on the plates when they are getting started to save $$$, but before long you'll want some Sparks. Lots of people sell them used in the Swap section, check it out.

Rughty (member on here) also makes sick bindings that won't break your bank. Good luck out there!

Post subject: Re: JUST GOT MY FIRST BOARD
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:13 pm 

Awesome! Yea, Im thinking about hitting Rainier sometime in the next few weeks. I figure start easy and make short runs up from paradise headed in the general direction of camp muir and board down. I have a friend that will join but he will be hiking up to board down (how long do you think it will take before he gets a split lol).

Isnt there a Spark issue with voile boards (as in something else is necessary to make it work)? I shouldn't spend that much money but....if its only $150 more that the voile system and Im going to want to upgrade soon I might as well do it now, right? Someone talk me out of it, PLEASE! haha