Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Southern Hemisphere 2012
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:59 pm 

Well anyone heading down south for some pow? NZ boys will be on it again this year no doubt.
I've got my options open,would like to go to Argentina again,went to Cerro Cathedral a few years ago and would'nt mind checking out Las Lenas this time,heard there is good access from the resort.I'm thinking mid Aug- Mid Sept for upto 4 weeks,whos in?

Post subject: Re: Southern Hemisphere 2012
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 am 

After seeing your TRs from Canada, splittin' with you sounds good. I have never wielded an ice axe or crampons in anger however so I'm not super technical... I bought my 1st split (jj solution + karakorams) in december and have done 4 trips now with it (2 japan, 1 canada and 1 alaska).

I am trying to lockdown holidays for August. Coincidentally, I was just talking to a buddy the other day who has the whole of August off and wants to go to S. America (he mentioned Las Lenas) - he is a skier :oops: though!!!! Failing south america, I will definitely make NZ, here's my trip report from last year (different user name, someone asked me to change it).

http://splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11852

Mebbe we can PM and swap contact details.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:04 am 

Method wrote:
After seeing your TRs from Canada, splittin' with you sounds good. I have never wielded an ice axe or crampons in anger however so I'm not super technical... I bought my 1st split (jj solution + karakorams) in december and have done 4 trips now with it (2 japan, 1 canada and 1 alaska).

I am trying to lockdown holidays for August. Coincidentally, I was just talking to a buddy the other day who has the whole of August off and wants to go to S. America (he mentioned Las Lenas) - he is a skier :oops: though!!!! Failing south america, I will definitely make NZ, here's my trip report from last year (different user name, someone asked me to change it).

http://splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11852

Mebbe we can PM and swap contact details.

Man nice TR on NZ,aweomse looking terrain,that 1st pic is unreal wall.Never been to NZ so would be defo up for it.I will PM my email and stuff,lets stay in touch,my only hassle is i wont know exact dates until 3-4 weeks prior to going due to my job being unpredicatable,then i could have to cut the trip short,but would be going for at least 2 weeks riding.

Cheers
Gav

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:41 am 

I'll be in South America for 2 weeks in mid August, hoping to do some splitting (normally I just ride resorts on my solid board). No specific game plan other than flying into and out of Santiago. I'll be wherever the pow is at. Would like to check out some of the south-central Chilean volcanoes which mostly seem pretty touring friendly, and maybe Caviahue and Chapelco on the Argentine side. Never been to Las Lenas either but would love to check that out too.

I don't have a ton of touring experience, maybe 15 total days under my belt but I've been snowboarding over 20 years now, have level 1 avy course and avy gear.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:08 am 

i'm looking at flying in sept 4 and staying the rest of the month. i am defiantly going to be spending a week in las lenas/marlogue, then undecided if i want the rest of the time in bariloche or at the santiago areas. also unsure if i will be flying into santiago, mendoza, or beunos aires. i have no lodging arranged yet, will be going solo, and never been to SA.

level 1 avy and gear, few dozen bc days, no overnight touring or serious mountaineering experience though.