Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Newbies unite SEATTLE area
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:15 pm 

So I'm starting this thread for people who are new to splitboarding for the seattle area. So anyone who has a desire to explore stevens pass, baker, or crystal hit this thread up and we ill work our wa up and start slow. I'm planning on breaking trail as early as the weekend before the lifts start running again so hit me up :doobie: :thatrocks:

Karakoram SL30's

Post subject: Re: Newbies unite SEATTLE area
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:01 pm 

I just started splitting this year too. I wouldn't say I am exactly new to it anymore though, having toured on Snoqualmie Pass, The Tatoosh range, St. Helens, Camp Muir, and the North Cascades off hwy 20. I consider myself an expert snowboarder and proficient at splitting. I am looking to find a consistent group of riders that I can tour with regularly.

I try to get out most weekends at least for a day trip, though I am up for overnight trips as well. Hit me up if you want to try to work something out. Email is probably the best way to get a hold of me - ajansen1090@gmail.com.

Even if we can't get out and ride this weekend, it would be cool to start building some local connections, so if you ever want to meet up for a beer or something and chat about trips/gear/whatever, hit me up.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:02 pm 

Sounds like itll work with me i work mon -fri. Stoked

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:22 pm 

I live in the Ft. Lewis area but am looking for others to start riding with. My wife and I are Crystal season pass holders but I am looking at branching out my riding. I am very new to the splitboard world but am looking for others that are ok with me tagging along and learning. I ride a 159 Burton Process and a 158 Capita Charlie Slasher that I am looking at splitting.

165 Voile Artisan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:09 am 

Im about to split my board so yeah we could work it out. I know alot of places around steven's. So you could show me around crystal... Just get all ur gear and get ready for winter. :thatrocks:

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:19 am 

You can put my name on the list. I'm self employed and can get out mostly anytime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:43 pm 

Add me to the list too. Next season will be my first with a split too. Bothell area here, Stevens pass holder.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:54 am 

This year im thinking about skipping buying the steven's season pass cus thy were raising their prices for military. So ill just split up past the first lift and ride all day on backside when avy is high

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:33 pm 

Anybody know of any summer hikes that could include some riding around here? If anyone does and is interested in going please let me know! The sooner the better. I have been off the board for 2 weeks and am already itching to ride . . . Thinking about still riding Crystal on Thursday morning, 05 July, and just hiking Green Valley?!?! Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks!

165 Voile Artisan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:19 pm 

I am BRAND new to Seattle (Renton technically) and my split is in the mail. I consider myself and expert lower east coast snowboarder (I hit blacks and double blacks in NC and WV) but I havent been out west yet. In the new few weekends I am determined to take a trip up from paradise to camp muir, whose in? I also have backpacking/camping experience so Im no novice to being in the middle of nowhere.

Also, a crystal pass is on my list of things to buy with the first paycheck (next week). Being from NC, I love sunshine. I also happen to love snowboarding. I figure having a season pass will force me to go snowboarding every weekend so I dont get depressed with the crappy weather I keep hearing about!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:55 am 

Just rode out of Sunrise near Rainier yesterday. Still TONS of snow up out of Paradise. Also Chinook is still looking good as well as Cascade Pass...Artist Point at Baker should be opening soon too.

I haven't gotten into the logistics of doing a intro to splitboarding clinic, but if people are interested like I am seeing, we could def put something together. Summer seems to be the best time for it, much less hazards to deal with and the weather is easier to be out all day playing with gear haha!

I think there is still rideable snow at Alpental, would everyone want to try and line up meeting up there? We could just fart around, show off some tips/tricks and tour around, we would be happy to accomodate it, and I think I have a small propane bbq as well haha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:58 pm 

I am definitely in. I am free any weekend really. I should have the rest of my gear ready to go by next weekend. Anyone else?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:52 pm 

If anyone wants to play in some snow, a buddy of mine and I are headed to Rainier this weekend. The plan is to play it safe and stay well below 10000 ft. As of 2 weeks ago, there was still 8 ft of snow up there. I just want to piddle around and test out some new gear!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next