Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mojo Stance
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:19 pm 

I have been riding my mojo for the last three years.

Current Setup
Mojo 161
Voile Mtn binding
Garmont MegarideMG

My question is regarding the stance. Current setup is left foot forward with both boots pointing forward with the back foot at a slightly less angle. The setup I really want is the back foot more in the 90% range/across the board. I have experimented quite a bit with trying to angle more across the board. The rear boot is as angled out as I can get it without booting out the board edge. It is still quite pointed forward.

Wondering what others do in regards to a more traditional(maybe not the right term. I mean more like my softboot setup angles on my non split.) angle on their splits. Maybe its a hard boot thing? Not sure.

Noob

Post subject: Re: Mojo Stance
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:27 pm 

It is going to be easier for us to help you if you can share the angles with us. If you look at the slider pucks, that will let you know your stance angle. Also, run a tape measure from the middle of one binding to the middle of the other, that's your stance width.

I run hard boots as well, and I like to go 25 degrees front foot and 12 in back with 22" between (I'm 6'4). I also like to set the stance back towards the back of the board for a powder board but more towards the middle/front otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:00 pm 

I am 5' 10" and the stance width is 20" center to center.
Front pucks using mark A are at 40 degrees.
Rear pucks using mark B are at 31 degrees.
Definate rearward bias.
Front of board to center of front puck at 24.5".
Rear of board to center of rear puck at 18.5"

If I had my bindings at 25 degrees I would have an inch of boot hanging over each side of the board. I tried lower angles early in the setup. When I would toe edge hard the board would come out from under me and I would eat snow. I assumed the toe of the boot was digging in bringing the edge of the board off the snow.

The board width at the front puck is 10".
The board width at the rear puck is 10.25".
My sole of my boots are 12.5"

Ty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:48 pm 

Mostly curiouse after seeing so many split setups where the angles are so much lower than mine. I would really like a have my binding angles much lower without the bootout.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:43 pm 

A few years ago, I ran 45 in front and 40 in back. I actually really liked it in icy conditions but hated it in powder so I switched to lower angles. I definitely think the lower angles gives you more versatile performance.

If that's the lowest angle you can run without toe drag, I think you might be stuck with it. Does your heel drag? If you have room on the heel side before it starts to drag, you may be able to move your boots back a bit by putting the puck with the horizontal slider on the heel side and the vertical slot on the toe side.