Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Anyone making an all mountain freestyle split?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:14 pm 

I have a 161 NS premier that I've hardley ridden that is going up on the chopping block. Would you agree that its like an all mountain freestyle board?

I havn't been able to find any premier splits on the site... I wonder why :scratch:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:01 am 

I love the premier. I demoed one a few weeks ago and fell in love. Too bad I bought a Euphoria split and a Smokin Pinner right before which killed my snowboard funds. I think I will have a Premier solid for next season though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:10 am 

Check out Sentury. They do 14 day demos for those who have to have them shipped. The sync has a rocker nose/tail and is flat between the bindings for skinning. That is one of the boards I will be riding this weekend at the Kali split party.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:49 am 

Pick your favorite board then cut it in half, when you break it on a rock or cliff you just cut another stick in half and recycle the hardware (factory splits are way too expensive, and your gonna destroy shit in the BC)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:09 am 

I have been doing a lot of research lately. Factory splits are going to get cheaper. One board manufacturer is looking to produce splits and sell them at around $550 (I don't recall if this includes skins) and might even make the production run for next season. I am sure others will follow suite or face losing market share for those of us who don't have $1,000 to drop on one stick. I think next season we will see a huge change in the splitboard market with others coming out with new interfaces and binding systems like Karakorum and new product development to replace/improve some of the Voile system components.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 am 

rughty wrote:
I have been doing a lot of research lately. Factory splits are going to get cheaper. One board manufacturer is looking to produce splits and sell them at around $550 (I don't recall if this includes skins) and might even make the production run for next season. I am sure others will follow suite or face losing market share for those of us who don't have $1,000 to drop on one stick. I think next season we will see a huge change in the splitboard market with others coming out with new interfaces and binding systems like Karakorum and new product development to replace/improve some of the Voile system components.

Yes! Voile needs to step things up and make their split interface and board(s) have more sex appeal or they will lose their place in the market. I mean, they've done fabulous things for our "sport", but they're products seriously look stone age when you see what Will is bringing in and what Karakoram is producing. Also, they need HELP with their boards... Again, they just don't have the appeal that other factory splits have.

PS. My Nitro Pantera RS 163 got SLICED yesterday!! YAAAY!! What do you guys think about laying in inside edges? Are they really necessary? I might try to do it... :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:32 am 

We had the inner edge debate a while ago. I think if you research those exact words "inner edge debate" you might be able to pull it up. In summary, nice to have but not needed. Still a fun thread to read.