Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - If you could design your own split, how would you change it?

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: If you could design your own split, how would you change it?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:25 pm 

Sentury Snowboards is a small company in Reno, NV dedicated to making the finest hand crafted snowboards. Nearly a decade ago we created our first board in a car port and 10 years later we've flourished into a full scale product line with various models and sizes. In the recent years we've developed our split series and as of 0910 have 5 unique models.
We're interested in some rider feedback! One customer suggested adding and extra touring bracket or interlocking hook between the bindings for an increase in ridgidity. Suggestions as simple as making a larger board are needed! We're a small company of engineers, artists and riders dedicated to our sport and your input matters!

Here is some photos of our buddy Bender on a 0910 162 BC Split; the photos are of him on Shasta and in Tahoe!

Post subject: Re: If you could design your own split, how would you change it?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:42 pm 

Nice pics, man. I'd like to try one fo your boards one of these days. I like your idea of demoing boards.

Just an obsevation, you've got a lot of traditional shapes but not much in the way of pure pow boards. i know the market for swallowtails is not huge, but I'm a big fan of pintails.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:44 am 

I tour with a wide variety of splitters throughout Ca and mostly in Tahoe and I've never scene a Sentury splitboard. We need to ride these boards to comment on them. I would suggest attending the splitfests at a minimum. There was just one in Wyoming with a few dozen splitters and there are upcoming events at Mt. Baker and Convict Lake, CA. Be a sponsor, bring some demos, give one away=create buzz. I'd love to buy a local board.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:39 am 

Sentury-I have been working on a design lately-the goal of which is to get a board with maximum versatility for backcountry freeriding, with an emphasis on steep and technical terrain (but which will still be totally adept at cruising pow fields, or ripping tight trees).
Specs: overall length, 168-171, edge contact around 132 cm, nose length ~21 cm, tail length ~15 cm, taper 8 mm, waist width 260 mm, sidecut radius 11 m, radial, camber profile early rise tip (meaning slight rocker from the front binding to the nose) with slight camber (~3 mm) from the front binding to the tail turn up, flex medium/stiff directional.
This board would combine the floatation of a rocker board, with the stability and tail response of a traditional camber board (and would skin better than a full rocker). I hate deep sidecuts for riding steeps-too many snowboards have really deep sidecuts which cause the board to be "hooky" and always want to finish a turn really hard, the deep sidecuts also make turn initiation really abrupt, while less sidecut allows the rider more freedom in how mush to engage the edge (allowing for controlled sideslipping in tricky spots). A good rider can get a short radius carved turn out of a board with less sidecut, but it is very difficult for any rider to compensate for the issues caused by a deep sidecut.
As far as marketing splits for Sentury, I would strongly suggest that you consider boards with a rockered front section combined with some camber in the back section-right now there are lots of rockered boards around, but none with rockered front sections-I suspect that the rockered front section board will make a very versatile split.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:54 am 

Actually the Neversummer Summit R has a rockered nose. Which also incorporates camber into the design. All of the Ventures have a rockered nose etc, but none of the traditional camber mixes in them.

I do agree that mixing the two techs is great. Also, K2 Flatline (no rocker or camber) tech is pretty good too. I believe it was Sweetwater that first tried this, but they were ahead of their time and didn't find their niche. It works and is another great option to get great pow/steeps performance without have to do the rocker camber mixes.