Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - top sheet edge weair on the mojo wail touring solution

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: top sheet edge weair on the mojo wail touring solution
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:05 pm 

Befor. You can see the weair on the top from sliding one ski over the other wail touring.
the idea.
the solution.

If i wake up in time im gonna head out and do some touring tomorrow. So this will be put to the test. The idea is that when I do splip that the edge from the other ski will slide over the 'buttons' and not damage the top sheet. How ever I can see due to how far the lift up that could also cause then to hook and get pulled off. So maybe some thin sheet style might work better.

Feel free to comment

Post subject: Re: top sheet edge weair on the mojo wail touring solution
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:34 pm 

I think it's a good idea but the area just above the metal edge (and below your dots) will still probably get beat up a bit. I'd be more concerned about the area immediately around the edge than the topsheet itself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:59 pm 

powpow wrote:
I think it's a good idea but the area just above the metal edge (and below your dots) will still probably get beat up a bit. I'd be more concerned about the area immediately around the edge than the topsheet itself.

Yes, I see what your saying. I feel that seeing as the ski would be raies enough to for the most part keep the edges off eachother. so far I havent figurd out how to get somthing so small to stick to the lower (metal) edge with out pealing or getting pulled off. However, I am working on somthing. I know what I want, Im just trying to figure out how to make it work.

Hear that Voile, Fell free to give me a new board (white topsheet) or bindings in trade for this awesome idea I though up ;) PLEEASE :thatrocks: :bananas:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:37 pm 

I think that 3M clear bra used on cars would solve this problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:43 pm 

Zee wrote:
I think that 3M clear bra used on cars would solve this problem.

yeah most likly. Hose ever trying to get it to hold its shape on such a tight bend may pose the biggest issue.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:48 am 

My 09 Mojo has the same issue, after a season and a half it looks like hell now. Worse yet is that the small lip on top sheet right over the edge starts to break off and leads to small sections of delam. Copious amounts of marine epoxy are keeping it in check, but its ugly looking....
My voile swallowtail is starting to get the same scratches on the tails, but mostly just the top sheet. Going to use clear adhesive vinyl (car wrap material) to keep it in check....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:51 am 

Snurfer wrote:
My 09 Mojo has the same issue, after a season and a half it looks like hell now. Worse yet is that the small lip on top sheet right over the edge starts to break off and leads to small sections of delam. Copious amounts of marine epoxy are keeping it in check, but its ugly looking....
My voile swallowtail is starting to get the same scratches on the tails, but mostly just the top sheet. Going to use clear adhesive vinyl (car wrap material) to keep it in check....

So do other boards have these issues as well? It seems like every Mojo owner (including me) has this to a certain extent. What about Prior, Venture, etc.?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:51 am 

Quote:

I might try that next, right now I'm using 3m 425 Foil tape (like autobody tape but thicker and stickier) but a thicker foil tape would be even better. Voile needs to contact InvisibleShield and have them whip something up. :D

//penguin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:32 pm 

Evil Penguin wrote:
Quote:

I might try that next, right now I'm using 3m 425 Foil tape (like autobody tape but thicker and stickier) but a thicker foil tape would be even better. Voile needs to contact InvisibleShield and have them whip something up. :D

//penguin

Yeah, i think that the scraches and what not on the top sheet down by the edge is a commen issue be it with a spitboard, solid board or skis. however, tourign does tend to bring the issue to a whole new level. i think you would have to mould the plastic film to the board and use some kinda of uberglue so it can stand up agenst the added punishment.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:45 pm 

powpow wrote:
So do other boards have these issues as well? It seems like every Mojo owner (including me) has this to a certain extent. What about Prior, Venture, etc.?

Good question. My guess though is it's the cap construction. All in all I think the mojo topsheets are way softer then an other solid or splitboard I've seen. Hopefully they've addressed this with the new Mojo line.

I don't mind the cap construction honestly, I feel like my mojo has a nice amount of flex and snap, and I like the lightweight. But making the topsheet a bit more hard/durable probably could be done without negatively impacting these things.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:21 pm 

Yeah sooooooooooo, this shit didnt work. My deck is almost fucked :( Voile needs to go back to the old style board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:34 pm 

Has anyone tried taping off all but that small top corner section of the board and spraying some rhino liner on it? Been thinking about doing this. Or that rubber spray paint they make...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:56 am 

I see the same wear on my Prior and my NS. It is just more appearant on the the mojo because of the cap construction. With sidewall construction the wear happens at the very edge of the topsheet. With cap construction, the wear happens where the topsheet folds over before meeting the edge of the board. So the wear is really appearant because you see color/wear/color vs color/wear/edge for sidewall, if that makes sense.