Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bang for buck, Divide vs. Khyber or Backcountry?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:51 pm 

Hello, I'm new to splitboard.com. I've looked through numerous posts, but still wondering if anyone has experience on both setups. I'll be riding AK backcountry, mostly soft snow in Southeast. I ride a 165 Never Summer T5 for an all around, and love it. I want to do more extended trips and am considering getting the spark base plates and building the rest of the binding up. I had pretty much decided on the Khyber, because it comes with skins etc. but now I'm considering investing a little more and getting a divide. I really want a board that will ride all kinds of conditions, but is quick edge to edge for tight trees. Any suggestions? Thanks
Jed

Post subject: Re: Bang for buck, Divide vs. Khyber or Backcountry?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:54 pm 

Have you also considered the possibility of splitting the T5? It should be cheaper and has the advantage of already being a board that you like.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:44 am 

Really don't want to part with the T5, it's a great resort board, and a lot of our local backcountry is easier accessed by boot packing (2,000-2,500 ft of dense forest to the alpine). Also, I would like something a little longer, maybe 168-172 range. I'm curious about Prior's claim of getting a shorter board than you normally would with the Khyber. Anybody out there tried the Khyber's new rocker system? I don't really want a gimmicky board, or one that is even more limited to good powder days. I saw there is a juneau guy on here, I'm in Sitka, any of you're buddies ride priors over there?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:18 am 

How about a Never Summer 165 F1 reverse camber split (or a 168 or 172). You could even down size to a 163 a probably have better float than the cambered 165. Once you try the RC tech you won't want to go back, the performance is mindblowing!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:33 pm 

^^^What he said. I ride a Legacy (wide board) at the resort and will pick another up to split if I can pull it off financially, and the RC tech is the shiznit. My current splitty is a Venture, and I was all about it until I got my new NS, and now that's all I want to ride, no matter the conditions.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:43 pm 

jedelong1 wrote:
Really don't want to part with the T5, it's a great resort board, and a lot of our local backcountry is easier accessed by boot packing (2,000-2,500 ft of dense forest to the alpine). Also, I would like something a little longer, maybe 168-172 range. I'm curious about Prior's claim of getting a shorter board than you normally would with the Khyber. Anybody out there tried the Khyber's new rocker system? I don't really want a gimmicky board, or one that is even more limited to good powder days. I saw there is a juneau guy on here, I'm in Sitka, any of you're buddies ride priors over there?

How's it going Jed? i ride a divide, that's the only split i've ridden but some other friends like peacefrog on here have ridden priors. everybody i know that has ridden either are pretty happy with them, but peacefrog wanted something a little different so he split his burton t6. i have no complaints about the divide and would recomend that to anybody.

Unity Dominion 180