Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What would be your perfect board?
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:53 am 

Snurfer wrote:
A factory split (not possible, but...) Wasatch Mojo, Swallowtail.... Does it all except ice, but who cares :twocents:

I bought my Mojo with the intention of splitting it but it was such a fun board I figured I'd get more use out of it as a resort/slackcountry board. I don't ride mine as much as I'd like but once I put a set of bindings on it they stay on and it gets used a lot. After riding it for a week or two I tried to get another one too but they were gone after the eBay sale.
I could be wrong but I think Duane Bush was involved with Winterstick for a while and we have him to thank for the idea of putting inserts in the board while building it instead of drilling and mounting bindings like skis.
I don't think there is one perfect board, some days I want to ride trees, some days are bottomless powder, and some days are too icy so I stick to the groomers, all the conditions need different boards. I could use another splitboard to round out that quiver, maybe something short (around 165) and softer with some taper like a Khyber, or maybe An Arbor Crossbow.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:51 am 

i don't know, if it's really going to be the perfect board for me i'd have to start by making sure this board somehow produces endless supplies of cold Heineken and the stickiest of the icky. :thumpsup: :doobie: :guinness:

Unity Dominion 180

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:07 pm 

I think I've got the perfect board (for me). 164 wide Burton T6 monkified. Light, stiff, good float and edges well on less than perfect snow.
PS Douglas Mafia- I hear you've been spotted in enemy territory a lot lately. Are you defecting, or worse yet selling secrets?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:04 pm 

ehcarley wrote:
Twin shape, rocker, super fast base like the Burton WFO, magnetraction, easy to slash, low spin weight... basically like my inbounds board but a bit longer for BC use. After riding my Mojo this weekend it was soooo weird having a huge nose. I'm not at all used to riding a big directional board with such a gnarly sidecut. I love my park twins for spinning, the crazy pop, ollieing, etc.

I didn't really feel comfortable pushing it on the Mojo just because I'm so un-used to the shape of it I guess. I suppose the big ass pack might have contributed, but still...

Basically I want an all mountain freestyle twin with some camber that would allow me to ride the same style I ride in bounds, out of bounds.

I'm thinking about that Prior's AMF or maybe getting a Lib Tech TRS or Travis Rice and sending it to monk to get Cut. I guess we gotta see what the budget looks like for next season's boards.

My thoughts exactly--going from a reverse camber resort board to my Mojo definitely causes me to ease off the throttle a bit. Seems like there are a few options available this year for reverse camber splits...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:18 pm 

blaho bros /ns heritage rx 166
hip hop on top, disco below
great fer bumpin to tha breaks!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:01 am 

I could put 3 boards to use:

1) A twin shape like the AMF (with less sidecut) or the Helix for being more playful and jibby. Around 159-162 cm and 25 cm waist.... The Nitro Supra Team boards were AMAZING..

2) Fullspeed freeride board. Nothing too huge. Maybe like 165cm length and 26cm in the waist. Easy on the side cut for super huge full throttle turns. Probably no rocker for skinning performance. Nitro Pantera pretty much fits the ticket!

3) Mountaineering board: super light, around 161-163 length, narrower waist, and set back inserts. Should be super fast to turn without a lot of sidecut (so the nose doesn't grab chunder to bad) and stiff as hell (without being a plank). Come to think of it my 61 Mojo is rad!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:43 pm 

Winterstick Swallowtail split, 184.

If you build it, they will shred. :drool:

But seriously, if your out to ride pow, why not ride on a board shaped for pow, not a board shaped to ride the groomers split in half?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:31 pm 

karkis wrote:
blaho bros /ns heritage rx 166
hip hop on top, disco below
great fer bumpin to tha breaks!!!

Nice!
Tried to get NS to build me Premiere F1 a month or so ago but they told me they were sticking to their Summit splits. What type of arms did you have to twist to get this beauty built?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:49 pm 

yeh its the bomb. took me a while to get used to it, except in powpow that was eezy, but i love it more every day.
im not super sure how it works now that ns is producing. the way i got mine has been to talk direct to Bentley, he's on here somewhere sometimes. it was my understanding that Blaho Bros does custom work in the late summer/fall only, but he'd kno better than me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:22 pm 

owning one board would be like owning one bike. you can do it, but it wont be perfect. :scratch:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:20 am 

I've been wetting myself over the Ride Slackcountry and i think a 164 split of this would be hell sick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:01 pm 

Trying to figure this out myself

Bump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:32 am 

For powder i would like a splitboard like these skis: http://www.dpsskis.com/ski/lotus138 yes with carbon fiber! :D

For a big-mountain splitboard i would like a snowboard with regular camber and a heavily rockered nose, and with about 10-11m radius, and i would like it to be STIFF and about 165cm. This board would be a stomping-machine! :rock: