Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tom Burt just sent me an email!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:12 pm 

and everyone else on the mailing list.

In case you're interested and Tom doesn't like you quite as much:

Hi from Tom Burt and Winterstick
Fellow Riders,

Tom Burt here, in touch with some updates from Winterstick.

This season, after 23 years as a professional athlete, I am now an official owner in the Winterstick brand. My new role as rider/owner comes with a new “job description” and new responsibilities. Note that this role is rider first, owner second. I have always believed that in being true to a sport, owners must be directly involved in that sport. So here we go.

As a rider, my responsibilities include riding, which is essential to R&D (Research on snow, Development back at the shop), marketing, coordinating and working on-snow demos, and general marketing, to include riding for films or TV projects when possible.

As an owner, I have my role as the face of the Winterstick brand bringing my 26 years of riding experience to help.
So where is Winterstick now?

Wintersticks are available exclusively through our website: winterstick.com.

Why? Well, this direct-to-rider sales and business strategy allows us to produce a number of high quality boards just for Winterstick riders. We are not a big board producer. We’re a custom, on-demand board builder.

All ‘Stick boards are hand-built at the Wagner Custom shop in Telluride, Colorado, USA. This production relationship works for Winterstick due to Wagner Custom’s high standards and dedication to premium quality and a premium ride. Both Wagner and Winterstick are about quality over quantity – not about producing boards for the masses. We are a custom shop, not a factory, and that means we produce boards made for how you ride.

Winterstick has a tight offering this year:
The legendary SWALLOWTAIL that has been reshaped, has a new flex pattern and now has fully wrapped metal edges for durability and stregnth , the TB172 (no coincidence on the initials, I designed this board for big mountain riding), and the ST all mountain series, available in 166, 162, and the new 156 for lady riders.

We’re looking at revamping the SplitStick into a new split model and a round tail may also be in development. We’ll see what transpires this season as we listen to your feedback and incorporate your needs and thoughts into our future product planning.

Winter is approaching fast. We our having our fourth snow storm of the year here in Tahoe today and snow on the mountains is the first sign of stoke. I went riding this morning Nov. 4 and on Nov. 2, and I hope you’ll share your stoke with Winterstick, so stay in touch - through The SHACK, or by email – you can email me directly anytime. That’s right, rider first, owner second. I want to hear from other riders about your winter and Winterstick experiences.

You can reach me at tomburt@winterstick.com, and I’ll be posting regular updates on Tom Burt's Blog.

See you out there ~

Keeping the dream alive,

Tom Burt
Owner/Rider
Winterstick Snowboards
http://www.winterstick.com