Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Venture Divide
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:33 pm 

DentalFlossTycoon wrote:
pretty cool to be involved in a sport/industry where the owner of the company comes into a mb and takes the time to respond to customer concerns. Lately, I've been really digging on the world of splitboards for that reason. Cheers, Klem, Lisa, Will, Dave Grissom and the others i forgot to mention or I don't know about.

here here! :drinks:

Unity Dominion 180

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:53 am 

so i got the board today, mounted all the hardware and have the spark r&d bindings on it. i almost went on a trek this evening to a party at a cabin up the mountain in my backyard but didn't trim my skins yet. tomorrow morning i'll be charging up the mountain to go get some powderlines and will post some pics on here. all i can say is that the overall quality of this board is the sickest split i've ever seen. the bubbles that knocked 20% off of the price are barely visible on the tip of the tail. i have yet to ride it and i'm already pretty fired up about this board. more to follow.
:thumpsup: :thatrocks: :headbang: :doobie:

Unity Dominion 180

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:28 am 

Awsome man, :thumpsup: , really happy for you. Looking forward to some pics !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:26 am 

Douglas Mafia wrote:
DentalFlossTycoon wrote:
pretty cool to be involved in a sport/industry where the owner of the company comes into a mb and takes the time to respond to customer concerns. Lately, I've been really digging on the world of splitboards for that reason. Cheers, Klem, Lisa, Will, Dave Grissom and the others i forgot to mention or I don't know about.

here here! :drinks:

YEP :thatrocks: , the other folks who will chime in to help a costumer out are Will (obviously) at Sparks, Chris Prior and Bentley at Never Summer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:49 pm 

yesterday was my first day fully going up on my first ever split settup. it just so happens i got the board 24 hours before our local ski mountain's main lift broke down for the week with about 3 full feet of fresh on the ground. this is the only split i've ridden so all i have to compare it to is my friend's boards i've checked out. right away the venture looks to be the most solidly constructed split i've seen. as far as ride, it rides quite a bit like a solid board, sick as hell! i've got this year's divide 180 witha spark r&d binding settup, and this shit absolutely ROCKS!!! :rock: :headbang: :thatrocks: :doobie:
here it is, about to kill...

Unity Dominion 180

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:06 pm 

Just bought a Venture Divide 165 medium on an impulse today!

Got it mounted up and ready to ride. Is a pretty heavy board :( and a tad wider than I'm use to (it's 26cm waist and my voile is 25.5.) but the construction is insanely good and i loooooooove the high nose kick compared to my mojo 66. Hopefully I will love it on the snow! I know it will handle crud, windboard, and ice better than the voile just by feeling it. Can't wait :D

Not sure I like their width choices. I would think 24/25.5/27 woulda been way better. 26cm is NOT a medium. I hope this does not bum me out as far as edge to edge quickness. I guess I'll sell it if I don't like it.

Oh, and if someone from the manufacturer reads this. STOP PUTTING STICKERS ON THE BASE SO I HAVE TO TAKE A 1/2 HOUR TO SCRAPE IT OFF. ALL BOARD CO'S DO THIS AND IT MAKES ME GRRRRRRRR :x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:28 pm 

Stoked to see these beauties!

BGnight - I just recently picked up a Venture Zephyr in the 26 mm waist. It definitely takes me a minute to get used to edge-to-edge on it each time I switch from riding one of my other boards. But I like the extra surface area that creates, definitely a trade-off. My splitty is a 165 Khyber and my deep pow non-split is a 162 Malolo. I find the Zephyr to float almost as well as my Malolo since it's so much wider and overall the flex pattern is pretty sweet. I have a Helix on the way now so I'm stoked enough to buy another.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:21 am 

i see there hasn't been any posts here for awhile and i just wanted to throw a post season review of my Venture Divide...almost post season because i'm still using it to go up and do some spring riding. whoah, tangent, too much :doobie: but anyways, i love this setup. i've had one of the funnest seasons this year just cruising all over and luckily with shitloads of snow. but that board is bomber, i've road all kinds of terrain and conditions, it deffinately has not been babied and the thing looks brand new. i've got the spark r&d bindings, my buddy lucas has the same setup and we're both big fans. :bow: keep up the good work, Venture!

Unity Dominion 180